*BIGUP* JEK Fabrication & ForTune PVE

General Fiesta and car related topics.

*BIGUP* JEK Fabrication & ForTune PVE

Postby filtra on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Meant to do this a while ago but just a thanks to James (heeman10) and FT PVE and James at JEK for sorting me out an exact(ish) replacement on the standard FRST at a very good price!

James - I had to slightly bend out the hooky thing at the top and drill a hole at the bottom right where the fan mounting screw would have been and i've tied the left side just to be secure. I also had to mount the bottom part of the IC with a 70mm x m6 bolt.

Anyway here are the pics:

Dismantled

x1 Leaking standard crappy rad, x1 Can't get more rice and shinny than this rad

Perfect fit

All in all I am very pleased with it (havn't tested it in anger yet due to this) but I would definitely go to JEK in the future for further custom fabrication! :D
Ex Fiesta RS Turbo owner :(
filtra
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: *BIGUP* JEK Fabrication & ForTune PVE

Postby heeman10 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Not a simple radiator to make at all, when all was said and done, particularly with no car there to ensure good fitment! I'm glad it's in and fits, James doesn't really use this forum but I'll alert him to this thread :)

Unfortunately, For-Tune PVE will be taking an indefinite break at the end of this month, for a few reasons, the largest of which are a less-than-ideal location and noise complaints. I will put a thread up in this forum tomorrow if I remember, but thank you all for your support and threads such as this :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby BALBOA RS on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:20 pm

heeman10 :
Unfortunately, For-Tune PVE will be taking an indefinite break at the end of this month, for a few reasons, the largest of which are a less-than-ideal location and noise complaints. I will put a thread up in this forum tomorrow if I remember, but thank you all for your support and threads such as this :)

Fuckin noise police :x

I didn't realise you were still having problems with that buddy?! :o

You gotta find that Bic™ on your way out the final time & get the anti-lag / launch control popping & banging right outside her house :lol: :D

Ironically we managed to sort the ZT out last night! I was gonna drop you a line today but Steve mailed me to say something like this was happening so I figured there was no rush :(

I'll wait & read your thread before commenting more as I don't know the ins & outs but to be honest from what I know / have seen you guys were flat out pretty much from day 1. Anyhow, you'll be able to sort a 4wd rolling road now.

Good luck & fingers crossed for you guys to be back soon, bigger & better!

Back on topic James (not heeman10) is, in my opinion tres bien in his line of work & the above pics look like a prime example of this.

Cheers. :)
BALBOA RS
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Chris 2i on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 am

heeman10 :Unfortunately, For-Tune PVE will be taking an indefinite break at the end of this month, for a few reasons, the largest of which are a less-than-ideal location and noise complaints. I will put a thread up in this forum tomorrow if I remember, but thank you all for your support and threads such as this :)

I'm sorry to hear that, do you intend to relocate or fight the complaints?
Chris 2i
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JamieFRST on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Nice looking rad, like the logo painted on. Wonder if my repacement will have that :-? :aviator:

Sorry to hear you closing the doors on PVE so soon, would have been nice to get the place completed with a waiting area upto. Good luck where ever you end up.
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Postby JamieFRST on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Nice looking rad, like the logo painted on. Wonder if my repacement will have that :-? :aviator:

Sorry to hear you closing the doors on PVE so soon, would have been nice to get the place completed with a waiting area upto. Good luck where ever you end up.
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.