1.1 air mods

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

1.1 air mods

Postby Chilliedog on Tue May 28, 2002 10:23 am

Ok, K&N bolt on filter I intend to get - is there much point?
what else can I add? a 1.1 HCS is pretty limiting aint it! ;)
hey'all again - exams nearly over so I got some time to tinker! :)
(It Goes!)
Chilliedog
Post Master
Post Master

Postby The Gilly on Tue May 28, 2002 5:05 pm

filter and zorst should see you flying with a good 50bhp. It's a 1.1 at the end of the day..............
The Gilly
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FezzR on Tue May 28, 2002 5:07 pm

never gonna make bhp gains on a 1.1 i should know, maybe 1bhp ther 2 bhp here. but there is a lot to be said for a bolt on filter and straight through exhaust. sound 200% and ull prob find it a little more responsive specially if u give the carb and breather pipes a real good clean out always helps!

if u really wanna make it go u can get NOS for carbs not man people know this but can! its basically a plate that sits under the carb with nos injector on it!
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby Canwell on Tue May 28, 2002 7:10 pm

i have a 1.1 with a K&N filter and BB4 backbox sounds the mutts! when i get a new car they are coming off and being sold, but if u wanna make me a good offer u could have em b4 the new car comes!
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby uncle festa on Tue May 28, 2002 10:17 pm

how much u want for the k and n and peco m8? pm me
"Wanna race my 1.1?"
uncle festa
Poster
Poster

Postby Chilliedog on Wed May 29, 2002 1:34 pm

aye - I need a new exhaust - mine atm has a hole in the downpipe bothced up with some gungum and jubilie clip. When I floor it it sounds like a fat man's wet fart. I'm looking for that clean hum :)

Aye carb needs a clean - still got that part clogged with burned oil (looking from front of car, its the metal sick out bit on the right below the carb, that attaces to a pipe that goes back up to the breather pipe at the top. IF anyone can tell me what this is for, or how to clear it (its jammed right up in there, only got so far ramming a screwdriver in it)
(It Goes!)
Chilliedog
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Wed May 29, 2002 1:57 pm

makes naff all sense to me mate???? pics would help, but anyway cleaning out pipes is easy fead a piece of wire/ string through the pipe and attacth an object to the end and pull it through. the object can be anything that is a tight fit! ie nut bolt washer, or even kitchen towel. pull it through and all the SH!T will come flying out the end! rinse the pipe! good idea to make sure they`re bone dry before u run the engine donno if it'll fudge it up but better safe!
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby Chilliedog on Wed May 29, 2002 6:41 pm

:rolleyes: A map to the problem - Excuse the dirty engine :) :rolleyes:
(It Goes!)
Chilliedog
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Wed May 29, 2002 7:18 pm

your quite screwed then aint u mate :D try speeking to AL! if it helps sounds like my piston rings r screwed!!!! :x
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby Canwell on Wed May 29, 2002 7:27 pm

FezzR BOY :my piston rings r screwed!!!!

AAARRRHHH! that happened to me and i had to get rid of the engine b4 it blew up!
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby uncle festa on Wed May 29, 2002 10:43 pm

sounds f****d m8. get a new engine or even better a new car. do u stuiil wanna sekll that k and n bolt on m8?
"Wanna race my 1.1?"
uncle festa
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.