1.1/FRST/2i Calipers... help.....

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

1.1/FRST/2i Calipers... help.....

Postby Mightysi on Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:01 pm

Does anyone know if there is any difference between calipers on a 1.1 and a 2i/frst.

I've found a set of vented samco discs and pads, Diameter is 239.5mm, for ate calipers, for a good price and aparently they fit all mk3 fiestas.

I want to know if this is right, will my calipers will fit these discs and would it be worth using frst/2i calipers anyway.
It aint easy, Living free....
Mightysi
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby MaXsteri on Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:29 pm

1.1 calipers are possibly 10mm and 2i ones are iirc 20mm to accommodate for the fact the 1.1 discs are solid and the 2i's are vented
MaXsteri
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby chris-fiesta on Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:30 pm

There shudnt b a difference in size, but i think will be a difference in disc size cos frst need more stoppin power!!
if tha brakes are for a 1.1 y not jus get rs turbo calipers rads n discs and jus upgrade to braided hoses as this shuld be enough stoppin power if tha cars not that powerfull!!
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:52 pm

As Wayne said, the base model rubbishy Fiestas were given pathetic single thickness solid discs, about 8mm thick or so. The RS/XR models etc got double thickness discs, vented in the middle. As a result the caliper is wider. You can pick up the calipers for not too much, and I may be selling mine before the end of the year, but I daresay you need some before then!
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Mightysi on Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:26 pm

:) thanks for the help people :).

The discs are vented like the 2i ones, and all mk3 fiestas (89-93) are the same diameter discs, so they should be an improvement on the solid ones.
i'm gonna get the kit anyway and see if they fit, if not i'll see about getting some decent calipers from somewhere and keep my current stuff until i find some.

Heeman if you do sell your calipes let me know, cos my current discs and pads are ok, i just saw these kits for sale so i don't want to miss them, so i may not fit them until later in the year anyway.

Thanks again
Simon.
It aint easy, Living free....
Mightysi
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby heeman10 on Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:29 am

Cool, well you'll need to PM me - I'm rubbish at remembering when ppl want stuff off me :lol: My brakes are an enormous improvement over standard, and give me huge confidence on the fast and twisty, specially stopping from high speed. It's not too much money to part with, and you get good results from it :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby phatboy on Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:01 pm

Mightysi ::) thanks for the help people :).

The discs are vented like the 2i ones, and all mk3 fiestas (89-93) are the same diameter discs, so they should be an improvement on the solid ones.
i'm gonna get the kit anyway and see if they fit, if not i'll see about getting some decent calipers from somewhere and keep my current stuff until i find some.

Heeman if you do sell your calipes let me know, cos my current discs and pads are ok, i just saw these kits for sale so i don't want to miss them, so i may not fit them until later in the year anyway.

Thanks again
Simon.

if you need a set now, i got some sitting here, all cleaned up and painted in silver. Yours for a very reasonable price :D
phatboy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Stoned on Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:58 pm

1.6s got vented brakes too
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.