1.1 to 1.3 - what bits do i need to change?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby festajon on Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:01 pm

I wanna get my 1.1 to 1.3 spec but not by changing the engine entirely as my 1.1 is practically new and want as much of a new engine in there as possible!
I was thinking change the bottom end, valves but what else? They are almost identical except the capacity.
Help!
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Project on Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:53 pm

Just the carb, head and block need changing :smile:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Tom SX on Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:41 pm

y bother m8, v little point i think, save you money up and get a proper engine with a camshaft

i wish :sad:
Tom SX
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: A big German gaymobile

Postby festajon on Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:58 pm

I only wanna do it cos i think the fezzy may have to go soon and just wanted a bit more fun before it went by speedin it up a bit. I mean a 1.3 engine's only gonna set me back like £100 and it's a straight swap, so it's just something to do in my spare time! Plus i got a cam and gasflowed head and why bother with a 1.1 when the 1.3 one costs the same but gives more power due to increase in power. I already got a zorst and K&N so should be looking at 80bhp+ i hope. If i was keepin the fez then i'd prob just go for a naturally aspirated 1.9 on throttle boddies :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby MadcatCraig on Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:42 pm

1.1 to a 1.3 will probably do jack all for performance wise ! mate maybe slightly higher top end speed ! for anything noticeable ure gonna hve to go CVH and that came in at 1.4 i think !
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby festajon on Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:03 am

I guess, but the tuners law of quicker acceleration is larger capacity=more torque and more top end too. I know it won't be much, like 6 bhp, but it's just easier for me at the moment to do this as i need my car reguarly and will have to do it on a sunday when i got the whole day off. Plus if i crash it'll still look like a 1.1 engine :wink:
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Johnny_16v on Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:46 pm

i wanna try an engine swap.
i'm coming up for 18 in bout 5 months and wanna get a 1.4 cvh in my 1.0 hcs.
I know you'll all say it a crap idea go for something bigger but i'm only gonna have it for a couple of years and i just want it to have a bit more grunt with reasonable insurance at the moment. What would i need and would it be difficult. A price including proffessional labour would be handy too.
cheers for your help
john
Johnny_16v
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Blackie on Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:47 pm

I swapped my 1.1 for a 1.3 and the car isnt massively quicker but doesnt die out as much on hill's and is better at overtaking (obviously) than the 1.1.

But you would be better to swap the whole engine rather than bit's of it!! I mean you are going to have to take it put to do the work that you are talking about!

Although the 1.1 carb has bigger venturi and jet's than the 1.3 carb so keep it!! I did with mine and is quicker than a standard 1.3!!
It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning!
Blackie
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby fiesta boy on Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:24 pm

lol another old post hes had a 1.6 for 4 months :lol:
fiesta boy
One big spelling error...
One big spelling error...

Postby festajon on Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:44 am

LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark is indeed right and he carried out the work on me 1.1 to 1.6 conversion :D :D

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.