1.4 CVH Carb Engine

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

1.4 CVH Carb Engine

Postby Ginner on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:00 am

Hi

What sort of tuning items is available for the 1.4 CVH Carb engine? Other than induction kits, exhaust systems and webber twin carbs? Any help appreciated!

Also what sort of paint do you use to paint the engine and what areas can be painted on the above engine?

Cheers
Ginner
Ginner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby XRMike on Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:11 pm

the cvh engine reponds really well to head work( having the head skimmed etc), and with kent/piper cam, performance exhasut system and a nice weber carb (induction kits are only designed for injection cars)can make it go really well. infact you might be able to use a 1.6 cvh XR2i head as these have already had a lot of work done by ford from the factory, so you'll just have to add a performance cam.
after getting your engine tuned you could always look at items such as uprated brakes, suspension components and tyres, which combined will make your car a lot more fun to drive and will match your engine's performance upgrades.
most of the items above can be sourced cheaply from places like ebay, local scrap yards and from the parts for sale section on here.
hope this helps, let me know how you get on :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Ginner on Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:40 am

Cheers MikeCVH

How much are the items above likely to cost?

What sort of suspension/brake upgrades are best?

Thanks
Ginner
Ginner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby XRMike on Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:39 pm

the items above should cost you about £1000 if that, thats if you buy as much as you can second hand, just keep a lookout in scrapyards and in the parts for sale section for bargins.
to up grade the brakes i would fit some XR2i/RS Turbo front calipers+discs as these can be both easily and cheaply sourced. for the suspension i would buy new, just some lowering springs can help with standard shocks providing that they are in good nick, or buy a whole suspension kit if you can. let us know how you get on. :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

List

Postby Ginner on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:15 pm

Can you give me list of the parts and the best makes and place to get them from?

Cheers
Ginner
Ginner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby XRMike on Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:32 pm

these are just ideas, maybey other people can point you in the right direction.
for the cam either a piper cam or kent cam are your best bet try their websites for some info.
for the exhaust try ashley exhausts, they are resonably priced.
for the brakes and weber carb have a look in local scrapyards and in the for sale section on here, someone is bound to have these spare
you can get lowering springs for as little as around £80 new G-max etc.
grab a cpoy of fast ford/performance ford and have a flick through looking at the companys that make these products.
in general just have a look in the parts for sale section on here, many bargins can be picked up, and if you dont have much look put up a wanted post, with the parts you are after. good luck and lets us know how you get on. :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.