1.4 fez needs to be faster

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

1.4 fez needs to be faster

Postby :: blade :: on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:14 pm

is there anyway of makin ma mk3 fez 1.4 ghia any faster without changin the engine? but at the same time cheap to do?
cheers
:: blade :: :)
:: blade ::
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby 285Andy on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:06 pm

why not change the engine :-? its probably the cheapest option to be honest.. probably pick up a carbed 1.6 cvh for about 100 quid these days

PPL, f*****g over music listners since 1934
285Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: fiesta rs turbo

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby :: blade :: on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:49 pm

yea but then youve got to get all the other little bits of the engine and then get sum1 2 fit it
:: blade ::
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Stokesy_y2k on Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:59 pm

str8 swap m8 aslong as u get a carbed 1.6 its all good sum 1 fittin it shudnt b hard 2 find trust me itl b worth it cheap cheap
Stokesy_y2k
Poster
Poster

Postby Pez on Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:14 pm

As you say you dont want to go through with an engine swap, which in reality is the best option, there are other routes you can look at. From the description it sounds like you have a carb'd 1.4 CVH. If that is the case, i believe there will definitely be a perfomance exhaust system on the market, and also there may be a four brnahc manifold to go with it. To go with that, a performance air filter is a start, although an uprated Weber carburettor will definitely give you a good boost.

Before you do any of that though, give the engine a damn good sevice, change the oil, filter and give it a general tidy up. New plugs and leads might not be a bad idea if they havent been changed in a while. While you are on, set up the valve clearances and your engine will be running spot on. Then move onto the first paragraph stuff.

If im being honest i wouldnt go any further than that, but there are other ways of increasing power, camshafts can be sourced, and the head could be modified, but its all expense.
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Liebo on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:41 am

Buy the Haynes "Ford CVH" engine manual and use that as a good guide to reconditoning and de-coking the engine.

I stripped down and rebuilt the original 1.3 OHV engine in my Fiesta and it made a world of difference until I needed new pistons...

Pez :While you are on, set up the valve clearances and your engine will be running spot on. Then move onto the first paragraph stuff.

Wouldn't a 1.4 CVH have Hydrolic tappets and not allow you to change them?
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.