1.6 zetec mods?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

1.6 zetec mods?

Postby mean_silver_devil on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:26 am

well I just swaped a 1.6 zetec engine series 1 on my mk3 1.1. indeed it was not my first choice :D , but I had no options as the 1.8 is very rare, has rare spare parts as well, and the 2.0 is very expensive, so the reasonable option was either a 1.6 zetec or selling the car, which I regret for not doing so :D

and as everybody knows, the 1.6 zetec is a very poor engine :cry: , so is there anything I can do to raise its performance? I do have an induction kit already (not fitted yet), I was thinking of bigger TB or better injectors, will they make any noticeable diffenece

or do I just save the money for a turbo charge?

thnx in advance. and sorry if it was posted before, I just searched and did not find anything.

Sorry for my bad english, am from Egypt.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein.
mean_silver_devil
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby HCS PIMP on Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:23 pm

well you can get a back back exhaust system that cost about 250 and add 5 bhp and the induction kit alone will only do 1 bhp but with the k&n pipe would be good
trottel boddies and injectors will confused the ecu and make it run like s**t unless u do a full 2.0 ecu with biege injectors 2.0 trottel body and maf this would work
you can get a tubular manifold believed to add 10 bhp and thats it as the cylinder head be fairly s**t an dlimits the rest unless u get a dvh head and then get a spacer plate and thne a turob will be run
2.1 Went BANGGGGG now a Ghia 1800
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:52 pm

Any powere gains on this engine are costly and give minimal gains. A cat back exhaust system and an induction kit is as far as I would go. Spend some money sorting the chassis and brakes and gain benefits there as these are often overlooked and can give you a faster car over all due to the later braking and higher cornering speeds.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mean_silver_devil on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:49 pm

thanks for your replies guys, I think I will keep it as it is, as there is no point in tuning this engine :cry:

I will care for the brakes and chassis as Oranoco said before. anyway I Think the 1.6 is better than my old 1.1 engine. however it was not worth the money spent on :cry:
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein.
mean_silver_devil
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Oranoco on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:56 pm

It's leaps and bounds ahead of your 1.1 and for a standartd engine it's not bad at all, just not great for extracting more grunt from. Sort the other stuff out and bung a 2.0 litre in.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.