1.6s tuning

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

1.6s tuning

Postby brawlyrox on Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:46 pm

alrite peeps, wot can i do to this to make it go faster?? its gonna have a anew carb soon, but anything else??
Fast is never Fast enough
brawlyrox
Poster
Poster

Postby wildheart on Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:05 am

If your getting a new carb get the 34 dmtr,it will flow more fuel.

There's loads of other things you can do such as headwork,cam,manifold and exhaust.

Go and have a look at norrismotorsport.co.uk This man knows his stuff and is a wizard with cvh heads which he custom makes to suit your engine/cam spec and hes not expensive.
Dont email him as he rarely answers due to lack of time,its best to phone him :wink:
wildheart
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: 3dr Cosworth,S1 RST,Fiesta XR2

Postby DAN MRK2xr2 on Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:40 am

twin 40s head work cam zorst set up 130.140 bhp a lot of money though

DAN
DAN MRK2xr2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby brawlyrox on Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:25 pm

cheers, im liking the sound of 140 bhp, n/a

and how much u reckon the new carrb will be as i can get a reconditioned direct replacement 40 for £80

also how much u rekon the work on the cvh head will cost?
Fast is never Fast enough
brawlyrox
Poster
Poster

Postby wildheart on Fri Dec 27, 2002 2:32 pm

Twn 40's arent worth the money when a single 34 dmtr carb will fuel up to 140bhp.These are about £200 and fit your original inlet manifold.

Exhaust and manifold are needed as the originals are far to restrictive.

Headwork when i looked into it a few months back will cost anything from £200 to £500 depending on spec.

Cams are also a good idea but what kind to get depends on where you want the power,midrange or more top end.
wildheart
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: 3dr Cosworth,S1 RST,Fiesta XR2

Postby PF Dave on Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:55 pm

Twin 40s are better as there the closest thing to mulit point fuel injection as you can get with a carb.

They also allow you to flow more air and more fuel than a single carb like you were saying and will pull better at peak revs...

It is an arse however and unless you are doing lots of other mods you may as well keep to your existing carb.

Headwork, get big valves...thats the main thing, then look at porting and getting the flow sorted.

Compression - raise this for some more punch, makes a big difference on N/A CVH engines.

Cam - at least a CVH33 Kent type cam is what you want to look for...as anything else is not wild enough. Your best bet is getting a Newman cam though as they are far superior to Kent in quality and in my experience have given me better performance too!

HTH
PF Dave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.