[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
2.0 into a mk4??? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

2.0 into a mk4???

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

2.0 into a mk4???

Postby joe boy on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:43 pm

hello chaps

ive done a 2.0 on my si. ive been talking to someone near me who owns a mk4 fiesta. he woudl like me to 2.0 his mk4 aswel.
just asking if anyone here has done one or know what it involves? can you use the silver top, or the black top, i have said to do a puma lump but he wants it 2.0'd. im a mechanic and have engine crane and tools etc, im just not aware as to what goes in a mk4? engine mounts? and looms, ecu adn maf etc etc

any help much appreciated poeple :)
joe boy
Post Master
Post Master

Postby ~ John Reid ~ on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:52 pm

the loom will be different on the 2ltr. and will need alot of work.

although it can be done it will be difficult and more expensive than a 1.6 zetec or a 1.7 puma.

*edit*

I think
~ John Reid ~
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: 2.0 into a mk4???

Postby FIESTA_NEO on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:18 am

~joeboifiesta~ :hello chaps

ive done a 2.0 on my si. ive been talking to someone near me who owns a mk4 fiesta. he woudl like me to 2.0 his mk4 aswel.
just asking if anyone here has done one or know what it involves? can you use the silver top, or the black top, i have said to do a puma lump but he wants it 2.0'd. im a mechanic and have engine crane and tools etc, im just not aware as to what goes in a mk4? engine mounts? and looms, ecu adn maf etc etc

any help much appreciated poeple :)

I take it your asking for MATTY B mate?

PM SMO he would be able to help you joe
FIESTA_NEO
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Smo on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:15 am

FIESTA_NEO :I take it your asking for MATTY B mate?

Nah, he won't :lol:

We've already spoken about this...
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus

Postby FIESTA_NEO on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Smo :
FIESTA_NEO :I take it your asking for MATTY B mate?

Nah, he won't :lol:

We've already spoken about this...

Ok sorry just trying to help out a fellow Kent person :lol:
FIESTA_NEO
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Smo on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:21 pm

I've been doing some looking for you Joe, and I really don't think it will be an easy swap with either the silver top or black top engines. Everything I've read mentions custom mounts being required at the least. Then you're obviously going to have loom issues, most likely PATS issues, etc.

It really does seem that the 1.7 Puma engine will be the best option.

Mr. Zach, that's ok :lol: Joe has spoken to me a couple of times about this already, that was all :) But I really didn't/don't know a great deal about the MK4s and MK5s.
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus

Postby joe boy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:27 pm

oh funlumps :( thanks Fiesta neo, yeah it is for matty b :)

catch you on msn smo :wink:
joe boy
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Dazza on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:34 pm

The engine mounts are completely different so am not too sure what you would have to do, have a look at this picture courtesy of TeamFord.co.uk

Dazza
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.