2.0 twin turbo - is it gonna be difficult??

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby riminiho on Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:57 pm

alright dudes. This is what i have got, and what i wonna do. at present i own a 1993 -1.3 - carburreter(think thats how you spell it!) - fezzy ghia.
at my mates dad's yard (he's a slavage bloke) i have a 2.0 16v zetec engine and geabox from a Y reg focus ghia.
what i would like to do is get it all fitted in properly, and eventually turbo charge it. i understand that this will give me about 150bhp?
i really need(want) 200bhp and insist that no chipping is involved, so would it be possible to twin turbo charge the engine? any ideas/comments are needed.
thanks, marco.
oh yeah, i understand that many other things regarding the engine and feul system will be needed to adapt the current system so it can co-operate with the feul injection system. any clues??
:wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: riminiho on 2002-01-08 19:58 ]</font>
riminiho
Poster
Poster

Postby The Bruster on Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:11 pm

You won't get anymore over all power buy twin turboing it.. just faster turbo spool up to usable boost, with smaller turbo chargers..

The big bhp jap lads convert their twin turbos to singles, however do you actually want performance, or just 200bhp? :???:

if you decide to give up, I'm looking for a focus zetec 2.0 :grin: gas a shout if he gets and more (good) ones in!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Bruster on 2002-01-08 20:13 ]</font>
The Bruster
'80s Suprastar
'80s Suprastar

Postby riminiho on Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:18 pm

well, what i want is tuns and tuns of acceleration. obiously with it being FWD im not going to get to 60 in less than 5 secs, but anything close would be nice. so 200 bhp isnt neccecary, but i assumed the extra bhp will make the car quicker?? :wink:
riminiho
Poster
Poster

Postby The Bruster on Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:32 pm

BHP on its own is useless, an "unsorted" engine aimed a max bhp will probably be nasty and peaky, and have a very narrow powerband! (i.e. be undrivable as a road car)

The engine you got is very pokey as it is (ever driven a fiesta with one in?) There are many "off the shelf" turbo kits for it as tuning the focus is becoming a big thing stateside (after their beloved civics and eclipses) So (I'd HOPE!) there are some kits out there wich have a nice power/acceleration balance and are well matched to the engine! (I saw a bottom end conversion that "claimed" to be good for 600bhp, and yes you read that right!!!)

Then again a twin turbo would be cool so you when people ask its its a turbo you can say "actually its got 2" :grin:

The only twin turbo I4 2.0 car i can think of that came as standard is one of the celica late mk5/mk6 variants..... try looking them up for ideas on how to do it!
ImageImage
The car infront is a Toyota
The Bruster
'80s Suprastar
'80s Suprastar

Postby The Bruster on Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:33 pm

P.S. if I spouting shyte forgive me i need sleep, anyone feel free to correct me or add to what I said!
ImageImage
The car infront is a Toyota
The Bruster
'80s Suprastar
'80s Suprastar

Postby snake on Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:25 am

If your car has a cat, bare in mind you need it to get through an emmision test!!.. You ain`t gonna be able to run the car without a chip, it will have to be custom mapped.. You can get 200bhp via engine work and throttle bodies-the advantage would be no lag. The gearbox won`t take the punishment in first gear either!!
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby chumkila on Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:40 am

you dont need twin turbos, ones more than sufficient to get you to the 200 mark with relative ease. but not without a custom mapped chip and dyno set-up amongst other major mods.
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby AdrianFRST on Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:49 pm

Twin turbos are used for big power, good driveability. If you don't think you need a chip then think again as you will need two with an automatic blend switch system between the two. Small turbs deals with the lag, big turbs deals with the power. Fueling will be all over the shop on transition between the two. Basically I'd forget the idea, as the turbos would be tiny anyway for a 200hp conversion. bear in mind two 3:1 ratio turbos create an effective 9:1. you'll want about 15-20psi boost, atm is 15 so your only doubling the ratio. Look it gets very complicated, plus where you gonna put a 2 litre zetec and twin turbos and 2 decent sized intercoolers in a feckin fiesta engine bay?
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Excursion on Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:39 pm

wicked :lol:
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.