2.0L Zetec... fast?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

2.0L Zetec... fast?

Postby unknown_user on Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:14 pm

I have been told that when i have the 2L engine is in my fiesta i shouldnt expect it to be super fast... as the engine is mainly torque? i know it will be faster than my 90bhp 1.6 zetec... but what can i expect from this conversion running a 1.6 box? this has worried me a bit ...

Nearly got my car back now!!! it started today just finnishing touches! :) :) :)
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Project on Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:16 pm

Give up a tech spec, ideally with engineering numbers, of the throttle body, cams (if you know them), MAF, ECU, exhaust, cat, lambda probe, etc; my reason being that you won't normally get the full 130ps until you have everything up to spec.

A true 130ps 2.0L engine should be very capable of keeping up with a reasonably standard ERST/FRST :)

Al
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby unknown_user on Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:19 pm

humm in i only know the ecu code which is DESK

i can check the rest when i get me car back hoping 2day!
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Wude Si 16v on Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:23 pm

i went from a 1.6 16v to 2.0l and the difference in performance is substantaily (spelling) greater. i had a few tweaks, nothing too major and was very pleased with the result.

it is a very fun car to drive, and yes it is very torquey.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Wude Si 16v
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Wude Si 16v on Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:24 pm

not sure on the box as i am running erst lsd, should still be just as quick.
Wude Si 16v
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby unknown_user on Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:16 pm

got it back... and it didnt seem faster at all, it wouldnt rev like my old engine... i changed my ecu to the 2L mondey one an it still wernt right.. then i reved it and now it missfires... im a bit upset thinking should i of changed my engine :( :( i hope i get it sorted!? before it started missfiring.. it was making a kinda winnning noise like a throaty exhaust or somthing, could of been a slight missfire maybe!? now it sounds like its running on three or well out of time!? but [ERRR] woul cause it to do that!? im worried now!

Any help would b great!
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:00 am

AFAIK mate the 2.0 mondy ecu doesnt work very well with the engine in a fez, as lou was running this at first and had the same problem. You need an early spec rs1800 ECU, throttle body and possibly inlet manifold tho not sure on the last one as im sure its not 'vital', tho all helps to get you up to the true 130 bhp.
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby unknown_user on Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:57 am

yea but would that cause it to missfire? i can understand that causing it to run slow? but now it seems is missfiring... spose that could be the ecu being wrong but id of thought if the ecu was from a mondeo and the engine from my fiesta was from a mondeo then it should at least run ok but not be as fast? the engine sounded sweet before... other option is block compression? spose i better do a compression test!? oh say my cambelt had slipped? [ERRR] would the simptoms be? only that has just been changed :-? :-? :-? ELP plz!
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.