[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
2.1 Zetec Turbo choice : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

2.1 Zetec Turbo choice

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

2.1 Zetec Turbo choice

Postby phil_pearce on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:32 pm

I have recently fitted a 2.1 zetec turbo into my FRST which is currently running a stage 1 T3. The car ran 17psi peak and dropped to 7psi which resulted in 195bhp and 248lbft at 4250rpm at Torque of the Devil where Chris todd told me the turbo was to small which is why the power didnt increase after 4250rpm. The question is do I go for a stage 3 T3 which would be exceptable up to around 260ish or go to a GT25 300ish bhp or GT26 330ish bhp hybrid using a Focus RS Exhaust Manifold. Has anyone fitted one of these Focus RS turbos to a fiesta? If so how did you make the downpipe and are there any other mods?

The engine is specced internally to take 400bhp and is running injectors to run 300bhp. Its currently using OFAB management with a Bayjoo Zetec Turbo Map but i intend to run megasquirts when i get round to it.
2.1 Zetec turbo Fiesta RS - 261bhp 310lbft
phil_pearce
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: 2.1 Zetec Turbo choice

Postby crazycage on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:59 pm

phil_pearce :I have recently fitted a 2.1 zetec turbo into my FRST which is currently running a stage 1 T3. The car ran 17psi peak and dropped to 7psi which resulted in 195bhp and 248lbft at 4250rpm at Torque of the Devil where Chris todd told me the turbo was to small which is why the power didnt increase after 4250rpm. The question is do I go for a stage 3 T3 which would be exceptable up to around 260ish or go to a GT25 300ish bhp or GT26 330ish bhp hybrid using a Focus RS Exhaust Manifold. Has anyone fitted one of these Focus RS turbos to a fiesta? If so how did you make the downpipe and are there any other mods?

The engine is specced internally to take 400bhp and is running injectors to run 300bhp. Its currently using OFAB management with a Bayjoo Zetec Turbo Map but i intend to run megasquirts when i get round to it.

ive got a set of injectors for sale off my zetec turbo its running 350hp :) turbo i would go for a t34 and one of my exhaust manifolds :D
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby phil_pearce on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 pm

What type of exhaust manifold is it? Tubular?

how do you find the T34? I really wanted a drivable engine where boost kicked in sub 3000rpm and holds till 7000rpm. Is your T34 standard? What mods did you need to make for the downpipe?
phil_pearce
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby crazycage on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 pm

phil_pearce :What type of exhaust manifold is it? Tubular?

how do you find the T34? I really wanted a drivable engine where boost kicked in sub 3000rpm and holds till 7000rpm. Is your T34 standard? What mods did you need to make for the downpipe?

i dont run a t34 mate but they will do the power and are cheapish i run a gt2871.86 .yes its a tubular manifold and you will need a custom down pipe.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby phil_pearce on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Im not overly bothered on the price, just want a nice drivable turbo that will give me scope later on - dont really intend to go over 320bhp. Can you use different flanges for your manifold and what material is it made from? Im looking to do this early next year.
phil_pearce
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby crazycage on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:30 pm

phil_pearce :Im not overly bothered on the price, just want a nice drivable turbo that will give me scope later on - dont really intend to go over 320bhp. Can you use different flanges for your manifold and what material is it made from? Im looking to do this early next year.

i would recommend a gt2871.64 really responsive but you are looking at 1k for turbo with all the bits needed to fit it. my manifolds are stainless steel and can be made with a gt flange or a t3 flange.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby phil_pearce on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:29 pm

That was the sort of price I was expecting. what grade of stainless is your manifold and do you have any pics. Does it mount the turbo in front of the radiator or relocate it? And the big question, what sort of price are you after for these. As said before im not looking at doing this till early next year but it does have to be done.
phil_pearce
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby crazycage on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:39 pm

phil_pearce :That was the sort of price I was expecting. what grade of stainless is your manifold and do you have any pics. Does it mount the turbo in front of the radiator or relocate it? And the big question, what sort of price are you after for these. As said before im not looking at doing this till early next year but it does have to be done.

its 304 stainless 2.8mm thick.£300

crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby phil_pearce on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Looks good, think I would definately consider one if I go the GT route. Think its between the turbo you have or the cheaper (not much cheaper) gt25 hybrid by turbotechnics. Think the gt2871 maybe overkill for my needs. Out of interest what management are you running and how much boost?
phil_pearce
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby crazycage on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:11 pm

phil_pearce :Looks good, think I would definately consider one if I go the GT route. Think its between the turbo you have or the cheaper (not much cheaper) gt25 hybrid by turbotechnics. Think the gt2871 maybe overkill for my needs. Out of interest what management are you running and how much boost?

gotech mfi pro and 1.45 bar at the min will be about 1.8 soon and around 400hp.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:54 pm

is that a 200sx manifold ?
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby phil_pearce on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Iv just bought myself a standard GT2560 turbo off a Focus RS, Crazycage can you make adapters to fit the GT tubo to the ERST Exhaust Manifold. I cant afford to get one of your manifolds straight away but I need the car running. Also did you make the downpipe yourself? If so where did you get the flange that joins to the turbo from?

I plan to use one of your manifolds next year, does it leave the turbo in the same position as an ERST manifold as if i modify the downpipe now i dont really want to have to do it again.
phil_pearce
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby crazycage on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:13 pm

phil_pearce :Iv just bought myself a standard GT2560 turbo off a Focus RS, Crazycage can you make adapters to fit the GT tubo to the ERST Exhaust Manifold. I cant afford to get one of your manifolds straight away but I need the car running. Also did you make the downpipe yourself? If so where did you get the flange that joins to the turbo from?

I plan to use one of your manifolds next year, does it leave the turbo in the same position as an ERST manifold as if i modify the downpipe now i dont really want to have to do it again.

i could but it would push your turbo closer to your rad if not into it !! all the flanges i get made for me, no mine moves the turbo but by a great deal but you would still have to mod your downpipe :(
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby phil_pearce on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:20 am

Ok mate, think I will wait for the turbo to come and then offer it up to my manifold and see what is the best option. My radiator has already been moved forward quite a bit and there is scope to move it about another half an inch.

Will let you know how I get on
phil_pearce
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby my-first-rst on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:11 pm

crazycage :its 304 stainless 2.8mm thick.£300

what inlet is that your using? looks like a rover style one? how does it perform?
my-first-rst
Poster
Poster

Postby crazycage on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:21 am

my-first-rst :

what inlet is that your using? looks like a rover style one? how does it perform?

it is based on a rover manifold with a custom plenum and it works very well :D has had a lot of testing and is now on a few big power cars that will be popping out to play next year two of them will be putting out over 400hp.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby my-first-rst on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:41 pm

crazycage :
my-first-rst :

it is based on a rover manifold with a custom plenum and it works very well :D has had a lot of testing and is now on a few big power cars that will be popping out to play next year two of them will be putting out over 400hp.

is this the one that sold on ebay as i bought it ? got a area 6 head to put it on, just need to build a decent bottom end :D
my-first-rst
Poster
Poster

Postby crazycage on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:05 pm

it wasnt that one but one exactly the same ive sold a few :D there a good bit of kit for the cash
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.