2 litre zetec ECU - URGENT

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

2 litre zetec ECU - URGENT

Postby trustzetec16v on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:09 pm

At the moment I am undergoing a 1.6 - 2.0 litre zetec coversion for my 1994 m reg 1.6 si fiesta. Everything was in and ready to go, but when we tried to start it there was no spark or fuel being produced and therefor it wouldn't start. We then tried the original 1.6 zetec ecu and it started first time but was underfuelling and would cut out higher up the rev range - not supplying enough fuel. We tried two 2 litre ecu's hoping that the first one was faulty, but the second one didn't work either. Apparently the 2.0 ECU should just swap over, but it doesn't seem to be working. It's quite urgent, so if anyone could help it'd be much appreciated!!! :rolleyes:
trustzetec16v
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby snake on Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:29 pm

u need an early 2 litre ecu, what year ecus have u been using?
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby trustzetec16v on Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Ive used two ECU's so far, N Reg and a P Reg one!! So u think this could be the problem??
Is it also possable to re-programme the later ECU to be compatible with the car??

Cheers
trustzetec16v
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby snake on Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:57 pm

yeah they are too new, and nope u cant flash em.. pre 94 ish to be certain its gonna work.
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

ecu

Postby trustzetec16v on Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:16 am

Ok mate, Cheers for the imput - much appreciated!! I'm goin to the scrappy tonight to pick one up and hope it works this time - third time lucky!! I'll tell you how i get on. Quite looking forward to seeing what it's lick with the 2 litre though. Should be a fair difference! Do they run ok as standard btw? I've heard they run pretty crap?
trustzetec16v
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby snake on Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:38 pm

run pretty good and power is good, nice low down torque.. easy conversion, its the modding of the engine thats bick bucks!
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

ECU

Postby trustzetec16v on Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:03 pm

It finally worked! Thanks very much for your replys - saved alot of time. The car runs pretty well and is a massive difference compared to the 1.6!! Torque is brilliant. Just waiting for an induction kit to fit the 2 litre MAF.
trustzetec16v
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby LiamMc on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:32 pm

How hard was it for you to pull your ecu out from under the dash. Mines being a right bar-steward. Ive got the locking bolt out but cant for the life of me get the plug pulled off :-?
LiamMc
Poster
Poster

Postby andymac on Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:16 pm

Undo the bolt from the engine bay side, theres a big rubber boot covering it. Slacken the 10mm bolt in the ecu cradle in the footwell, pull off the multiplug from the bay side then pull/slide the ecu down in the footwell, out of the cradle. Worked for me.
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master

Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Postby Pop on Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:57 pm

I dont know bout [ERRR] body else, but iv bin 2 the scrappies 2day to get a 2.0 ecu for my conversion.

i must ov tried at least 5 or 6. they were all crap.
i ran them all up and down the motorway, and took each one back in turn.

wen i put my 1.6 ecu bak in i couldnt believe how rubbish the 2.0 ones made my car feel.

now, [ERRR] this be the way or wot?? [ERRR] iv jst read above that someone changed it and its better (iv pmd the guy to ask wot his code was but he dont seem to wanna reply).

wots peoples views on this???? :rolleyes:
Image"Put your hands up mother stickers, this is a f**k up!"
Pop
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.