[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
2 litre zetec si : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

2 litre zetec si

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

2 litre zetec si

Postby trustzetec16v on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:02 am

I have recently fitted the 2 litre into my si, and i am impressed with the performance, but i raced a mate in his 16v xr2i last night and didn't beat him by a long way (which i should really with 25bhp extra!). Just wondering what the problem is? Gearbox? Engine? How can i find out? Stick it on the rolling road and see what happens?
trustzetec16v
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby simon16v on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:10 am

I have a XR2i 16v, I would of through u shouold of at least kept up with him.

Firstly, what kinda condition is your engine in. I mean i change the oil every 5k miles with 0W-40 oil. I got mine tuned to make 115 bhp @ 5250 revs and also making alot of torque at the bottom end of the rev range.

Have you given it a full service, did u fit the mondeo gear box, are either cars modded.

Lots of questions to u, but i do think u should give it a full service ( would guess u have ) put it on a rolling road and get the thing tuned. ( power engineering was 175 quid with VAT ).
simon16v
Poster
Poster

Postby trustzetec16v on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:32 am

I did beat him, just not by a long way! Think a unichip and a rolling road session is needed.......
trustzetec16v
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Sphinx on Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:21 pm

Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony Pony
Last edited by Sphinx on Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can use my car when you prise the keys out of my cold dead hands
Sphinx
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Project on Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:38 pm

sphinx :Ur not gonna waste him with an extra 0.2 of a litre difference. Youve got a bigger/heavier engine to, plus urs has more potential with the bigger capacity.

Uhhh, Sphinx, that's a load of old pony and you know it mate :rolleyes:

First, the 2.0L is lighter than the 1800 - less metal, similar block casting.

Next up, the Zetec engines produce power based on cam and head spec more than displacement (which is how the CVHs did their thing). The 2.0L should produce 136bhp on standard management and around the same amount of torque - the 130ps 1800 is around 128bhp/120ft lbs, and the 105ps XR2i 16v engine is around 103bhp/105ft lbs torque.

If you're running proper 130ps management and it's set up right, you should feel a noticeable kick in the pants and the exhaust note should change (become more brittle-sounding) as you hit 4,000rpm.

Al
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby chumkila on Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:45 pm

detroit wot!
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby Sphinx on Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:53 pm

Alan Fibblesnork :
sphinx :Ur not gonna waste him with an extra 0.2 of a litre difference. Youve got a bigger/heavier engine to, plus urs has more potential with the bigger capacity.

Uhhh, Sphinx, that's a load of old pony and you know it mate :rolleyes:

Al

Obviously i didnt think it was wrong or else i wouldnt have written it...
You can use my car when you prise the keys out of my cold dead hands
Sphinx
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sauna on Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:27 pm

sphinx got in trouble, sphinx got in trouble! :P :P
Sauna
Post Master
Post Master

Postby snake on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:10 pm

depends how long the stretch of road was, mate kept up with me till 60ish in his 2i 16v against my turbs when it was running 170bhp(17`s on tho), after that i cained him lol, you`ll find it mainly noticable at high speeds, turbo just keeps goin like a train all the way, 2i 16v doesn`t lol...
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby adi_gz on Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:22 pm

I know u lot ent talkin bout exhausts but iv asked loadsa different rooms n no1 has replied yet. I want a de cat pipe for my SI but ent got dat much money to spend as insurance is nearly due. Sum1 told me i could get a down pipe off a diesel fiesta [ERRR] they ent got cats? Is this true n will it work, how much more power will i be looking at?

Thanx Hopefully one of u will reply!
If your not living life on the edge, your taking up to much space
adi_gz
Poster
Poster

Postby denzul on Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:26 pm

just buy a second hand one from a scrap yard and knock out that and weld a pipe in instead
denzul
Poster
Poster

Postby adi_gz on Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:20 pm

Yeah i thought of dat but it wud just be easier to get one off a diesel. I tink i'l just go get one n find out,[ERRR] no1 has tried dis yet!
If your not living life on the edge, your taking up to much space
adi_gz
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.