advice on a loud exhaust system for 1.6 si

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

advice on a loud exhaust system for 1.6 si

Postby dan.si on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 am

advice on a load exhaust system for 1.6 si. wot are powerflow like
dan.si
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby adz on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:22 am

load or loud?

powerflow will make one up to how you want

the bigger the backbox the quieter the sound, then they do backboxes that are about the same size as a biggish tailpipe and they are the loudest.

u can also choose the tailpipe and they will weld it all up and fit it while you wait.
adz
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:53 am

Powerflow are utter tug! Very poor grade of stainless steel used and their build quality leads a lot to be desired. If you want to show off outside McDonalds that you have a pair of 5" tailpipes then go for it. If you want a decent exhaust don't bother

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby turbodaily on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:55 am

why not buy a proper exhaust system like scorpian?? very good quality exhausts and probably the same price :)
my old frst: 185bhp @11psi stage 1

my new frst: unknown...

turbodaily
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:59 am

turbodaily :why not buy a proper exhaust system like scorpian?? very good quality exhausts and probably the same price :)

Magnex, Scorpion and Mongoose are all very good exhausts

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby RS1800pec on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Power flow do custem zorts so you can actually get them made to your liking. You could have a 5inch back box but they could change the silencers so it isnt to loud or you could get a 3" pipe which is loud as fook.

My old SI had a 4" pipe and it was fricking loud. You could hear me a mile away. It did have a nice rumble but got on my funlumps after a few months

Give them a ring tell them what you what, how loud you want it and what sort of sound you want and then will build it to your liking :)
RS1800pec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby RS1800pec on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:46 pm

Id personally go for Magnex. There by far the best in my book. All my mates have dealt with them and never had any probs.

Some people slat Power flow but there not actually that bad. If you like loud zorts then there the one but you can still ask for a quiet back box. and they do come with 10 years warranty.

Up to you matey
RS1800pec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:06 pm

As I said

Oranoco :Powerflow are utter tug! Very poor grade of stainless steel used and their build quality leads a lot to be desired. If you want a decent exhaust don't bother

You'd have to be a complete numpty to even consider going to them for a performance exhaust.

10 year warantee isn't worth the paper it's written on. Predator built the system for my old 2i and it had a lifetime guarantee on it and was mandrel bent not bodge welded to fit and the stainless steel used was a high grade (which was why the system cost me almost £600 in total)

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:44 pm

yeah Powerflow are rubbish, i had one on my FRST and it fell to bits!!
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Growler on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:49 pm

make up yur own or atleast decide what yu want out of it

when i was running my mondy V6 i had a standard system split to 2 5 inch Rage Backboxes

Noisy but satisfying!

Mint H Plate XR2i in Black
Growler
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby chicken_eyebrows on Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:36 pm

I've got a powerflow 3" system on mine. Can't complain about the quality, it's fine. It's so loud though it was fun at first but 10 months later is annoying the hell out of me.

When they took it off the ramp after they fitted it I was in the office and thought a Scooby had pulled into the carpark, turns out it was my Si :lol:
Mk3 Fiesta Si 1.6 16v
chicken_eyebrows
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Oranoco on Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:14 pm

Get under the car in another 10 months and I'd almost put money on it going manky (usually round the welds). I've seen 2 systems drop to bits after 2 years

They ARE bad exhausts built using poor quality low grade stainless steel.

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby RS1800pec on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:50 pm

OK ok there crap :lol:
But I bought my si with the powerflow already on. In total it was on the car for about 2 & half years and as far as i no there was never a problem with it. Just to bloody loud for my liking :P

Saying that the day i sold the motor the zorst came away from the manifold :lol: But that was due to scrapping over speed humps every day. Luckily it fell off next to a exhaust garage. i still sold it that night :Q

AND thinking about it my mate was convinced that the exhaust was holding the car back :rolleyes:

So yeh fook Powerflow lol
RS1800pec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.