ADVICE - Tuning a FRST

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

ADVICE - Tuning a FRST

Postby Rusey on Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:08 pm

Guys/Gals

I want to start tuning my RS, its got the basics of a exhaust, induction kit and also a T3 turbo, the question is where do I start if I want to increase bhp!?

Id like to get it chipped soon, but im lost on what to go for :-?

In the long run id be happy with 190-200bhp, how can I achieve this power and still get it running spot-on

Once again, any help appreciated

Rusey
Rusey
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:15 pm

uprated brakes and suspension
then intercooler and custom remap
my opinion
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby heeman10 on Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:33 pm

If you want 200bhp or so, you'll need bigger injectors (beiges or the slightly larger ones I'm selling), an uprated fuel pump (StreetDragster on here might still have his brand new pump for sale which will see 300bhp) and a good intercooler. I never know what chips do what, I'm guessing the 195 would give you what you'd need? Then get it set up, or a custom mapping session if you can afford that. Brakes are a must if you want power, as FezzR has said, and stock suspension won't let you make the most of the power.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Rusey on Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:53 pm

Yeah, the front brakes are s**t anyway, so there due to be replaced soon. Forgot to mention I have uprated suspension and a pace intercooler.

I have looked at beige injectors before, but heard there only useful for cars 200bhp+

So whats the going prices for chips nowdays and where can I pick one up from?

Rusey
Rusey
Post Master
Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:19 pm

First off, if you mean you have the Pace double capacity intercooler that sits in the original position, I wouldn't say you have a good intercooler. They're just not as effective as a good front-mounted intercooler. j7aoc is selling one in Parts For Sale on eBay at a good price at the moment. If your charge temperatures are high you'll lose power and increase the combustion temperatures.

Beige injectors don't have to be used with a minium of 200bhp. They'll see to about 220bhp and work for less than that. Whoever told you you can only use them with at least 200bhp isn't talking from the right hole :lol: The beiges flow 240cc/min, the Ford Racing injectors I have flow 252cc so give scope for a touch more. I'm asking 125 pounds including postage for mine, and they have only done about 40 miles, so practically new.

I think you'd get a chip for about 60-120 quid second hand on eBay or on forums such as this one, the price seems to vary quite a bit, depending on what chip it is.

So if you want to go for this little power hike, you could buy the injectors, intercooler and fuel pump all off here, and a chip if you can find one! Injectors and pump = 216 pounds delivered to your door. j7aoc's intercooler and fans were at 100 pounds earlier today, 370 new.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:53 pm

Thanks james :) For a chip i would say motorsport developments they will custom make your chip and then send it to you what ever spec you want they do 195 chip+ 701s+ uprated actuator £500 they did my 175 chip top blokes never heard a bad word about them :wink:
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Rusey on Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Cheers!!

Heeman, ur a legend. Glad I got the injectors sussed, first on the list
Rusey
Post Master
Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:39 am

Remember I have mine ;)
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.