Air Filter? TO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!!!

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Air Filter? TO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!!!

Postby snOOpy86 on Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:34 pm

hey, just wonderin [ERRR] the best/preferd air filter is? :Q
*bumshakes sweet and innocent ickle baby*
snOOpy86
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TomFiesta on Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:07 am

Depends what car you got!!?? :rolleyes:
TomFiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby NAB on Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:57 pm

Ive got a Green cotton on my FRST.....not sayin its the best or the worst, i like it.
NAB
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby MattGomFRST on Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:29 pm

Alrite mate,

I got a piper x on my FRST, it sounds a bit s**t with standard exhaust, but once i put my 4in scorpion full system zorst on it sounds lurvly. :D :D

One of the best ones to get would be the piper x viper, because it comes in carbon fibre, and has hot and cold pipes etc, but unfortunately, it aint available for the FRST, hopefully they will make one soon.
MattGomFRST
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby moulder on Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:06 pm

A lot of people say that induction kits are bad as they let loads of hot air in and generally do not filter well. Y not keep the standard air box and drill some holes in it and then use a perfomance panel filter like k and N or piper x. But if u just want noise then an induction kit it is but to be honest I doubt u will see a big bhp gain as you need to get the fuelling to match etc. :D
moulder
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby davy on Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:43 am

moulder :A lot of people say that induction kits are bad as they let loads of hot air in and generally do not filter well. Y not keep the standard air box and drill some holes in it and then use a perfomance panel filter like k and N or piper x. But if u just want noise then an induction kit it is but to be honest I doubt u will see a big bhp gain as you need to get the fuelling to match etc. :D

True they may allow hot air in though only at a stand still. this is not going to have much effect on performance is it? the standard air box is also going to letting hot air in when stationary. Once you have some airflow you'll be laughing.
Aftermarket air filters will either meet or exceed industry standards for filtration. so any horror stories you here are probably from incorrectly fitted or poorly maintained filters.
You should get air/fuel correct just by disconnecting the battery for around half an hour after fitting so that the ecu can reset and reg the new settings ( assuming the car is injection and not carb )
Performance increases will vary from application and some may only give you only 1/2bhp, though all should give a positive effect. why bother manufacturing a product which is less effective than what is already available as standard??
davy

davy
Post Master
Post Master

Postby DorsetZS on Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:19 pm

never knew that about the battery good advice for the future !!
DorsetZS
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby davy on Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:08 pm

resetting the ecu will only compensate for small amounts of change in air / fuel mixture such as fitting a air filter. anything more and youd need to start chipping the ecu.
davy

davy
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.