Anyone had a 2i transplant?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Anyone had a 2i transplant?

Postby heeman10 on Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 am

My turbodiesel idea doesn't seem to be such a great one, so I wondered if anyone had had a 2i engine put in their car :-? If so, how much did you pay to have it done? I've got a diesel ATM :rolleyes: *Waits for Simmo to tell him to get an XR2 engine :p *
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Tiger on Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:41 am

personally mate, i wouldn't go through the hassle of puttin a 2i engine in your motor, i am not one for big fast motors but whilst 2i's look minted the bottom line is they are slow as fook, my 16v 2i wouldn't pull the skin off a rice puddin! for the amount of petrol they gussle i would rather have a clio 16v or somethin, cheaper to insure, prob use less petrol and they are a hell of a lot quicker! thats my opinion anyways, good luck in whatever you do anyway mate.

Tiger
Tiger
Poster
Poster

Postby MaXsteri on Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:54 am

Tiger :i would rather have a clio 16v or somethin, cheaper to insure, prob use less petrol and they are a hell of a lot quicker!

Not really a realistic solution for an engine transplant tho is it :P :rolleyes:
MaXsteri
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ste_rich on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:01 am

u tried insuring your conversion first? Good luck mate!!

I got told straight "NO" by by insurers Churchill, I was told Adrian FLux would be better but u must be over 19.

U'd be best going for a 1.6 cvh conversion, a lot less hassle and with the right bolt on mods, not far off the 2i. It'd be a lot easier/cheaper to insure as well.

I got told straight "NO" by by insurers Churchill, I was told Adrian FLux would be better but u must be over 19.
ste_rich
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Tom SX on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:07 am

xr2 conversion is the only thing worth it. And even then the hassel and cost of changing things you'd be better off with a better starting model.

Doing such a power conversion properly costs loads, and takes ages. I know people wil tell you its easy but imo its a bad idea. Better to buy the proper car in the first place. PM Fras about his recent zetec work.

bear in mind you need to change the tank, the ENTIRE loom, fuel lines, block, head, inlet and total new exhaust system, braces, lower arms, driveshafts, gearboxes. Its only really worth it if thats the only thing left to do, like SYrsmad.

You prob won't listen but financially it better to wait a year and buy a proper orignal one. Better still something with real power worth all the money, an FRST (then running costs blah blah, digreessss).

HTH - Tom

ps. the engine conversion guide you want is at http://www.st2000.s5.com ;)
Tom SX
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: A big German gaymobile

Postby heeman10 on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:41 am

Ok then, thanks everyone. The reason I wanted to convert mine is because I've had it a couple of years, and wanted to keep it, but make it faster, as I'm sure you can understand. The 2i engine (8v) still puts out 110 bhp, so I wouldn't call them "slow as fook" Tiger. It's only 20bhp less than the FRST, and 50 more than my engine, which is almost double the current power, plus I'd probably be saving weight into the bargain. Seems as though I'll just be leaving it as it is then :(
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Tom SX on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:53 am

heeman10 :plus I'd probably be saving weight into the bargain.

Think the 8v CVH block was heavier than the CVH, thus different suspension and other such to compensate (yes also because it goes fast and needs to handle better).
Tom SX
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: A big German gaymobile

Postby heeman10 on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:55 am

We're talking 1.6 petrol versus 1.8 diesel - surely the petrol's lighter :-?
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.