[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
anyone used a TO4E turbo from ebay : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

anyone used a TO4E turbo from ebay

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

anyone used a TO4E turbo from ebay

Postby H41-NSF on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:54 pm

I got one of these turbo's for super cheap and never used it but my cossie t3 packed up so thought fuckit its going on. I dont think its one of the proper cheap ones cos it looks realy good quality. Anyways its all fully fitted it has no play in the shaft and it dont smoke.

BUT

I have never known lag like it, it dont sppol up till i'm nearly flat out in the revs i was just raggin around in second cos it takes so long to kick in and by the time it does I'm pretty much at redline.

Anyone else used one . oh and its on a 2l ZT :o so i wernt expecting this much lag.

Comments.
Image Image
H41-NSF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: anyone used a TO4E turbo from ebay

Postby bassboy on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:04 pm

turbo way too big for you spec mate thats all...combination of wrong parts - CR, cams, valve train (to enable you to rev higher) etc etc...

My turbo was bigger than a T04E and saw 34psi boost on the dyno at 4k!

what does your engine rev to?

oh and was it a power xs one or something?

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby H41-NSF on Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:13 pm

its got focus central pistons with eagle steel rods. C.R 8-5-1 i think. focus rs cams , biege injectos and stage 2 chip fitted today (needs a tune) , front mount cooler. unsure what it revs to but i need some decent valve springs as it has std ones and last time on the rollers the power dropped of at 5k, valve bounce/float i think.

so its not a poverty spec engine so i dont see why i get so much lag. Think i'm gunna go back to a t3.

No the turbo is not an xs power one. unsure on what it is mind
Image Image
H41-NSF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Captain Tightpants on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:42 am

Plenty of factors to take in there. Injectors are nowhere near enough to supply a decent spec ZT for starters. Running standard fuel pressure on beiges you're lucky to see 190bhp, those injectors would have been on 100% duration at least by 5000rpm I should think.

Personally I wouldn't buy a turbocharger from E-Bay. A T4 is not an ideal turbo for that spec engine either. A GT28 would be a good starting point, with housings to match.

Steve
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby H41-NSF on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:18 am

Captain Tightpants :Plenty of factors to take in there. Injectors are nowhere near enough to supply a decent spec ZT for starters. Running standard fuel pressure on beiges you're lucky to see 190bhp, those injectors would have been on 100% duration at least by 5000rpm I should think.

Personally I wouldn't buy a turbocharger from E-Bay. A T4 is not an ideal turbo for that spec engine either. A GT28 would be a good starting point, with housings to match.

Steve

GT28 you say i think i'll have a look about . i have an adjustable fuel regulator and its been raised by 0.5 bar .

Thank for info.
Image Image
H41-NSF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby edders on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:25 am

still the injectors would have been working flat out at about 5k so thats probably why you got drop off around there.
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:48 am

NATH-RSZT :
Captain Tightpants :Plenty of factors to take in there. Injectors are nowhere near enough to supply a decent spec ZT for starters. Running standard fuel pressure on beiges you're lucky to see 190bhp, those injectors would have been on 100% duration at least by 5000rpm I should think.

Steve

GT28 you say i think i'll have a look about . i have an adjustable fuel regulator and its been raised by 0.5 bar .

Thank for info.

Raising the fuel pressure won't help. The injectors are absolutely maxxed out and upping the fuel pressure will do nothing to help matters (posseven make matters worse). You need to sort some suitably specced injectors and get a chip mapped to match

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby andymac on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Bumping this one over to tuning as that's how it's headed :wink:
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master

Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Postby timturbo on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:29 am

gt25 or 28 sounds about right best thing to do is call up a someone like CR turbos and tell them the spec of ur engine and they can spec the turbo accordingly
timturbo
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.