backbox legality???

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

backbox legality???

Postby marc novataken on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 am

does anyone know if a 4 inch savage backbox is legal? heard people say theyre not
marc novataken
Poster
Poster

Re: backbox legality???

Postby slaney21 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:32 pm

err.. never heard of that before. although i know a few people being pulled for having excessively loud exhuasts(something to do with noise pollution). i cant comment on what the law states as i dont know it myself but i think they can do a db reading at the roadside????

have you already bought a savage one or are you considering?
slaney21
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Zafira A SRI 2.216V

Postby marc novataken on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:12 pm

already got one each for me and me brother, havent fitted mine yet but his is on and LOUD and im jus worried about legality cos 3 more points and my licence gone
marc novataken
Poster
Poster

Postby slaney21 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:59 pm

i think the safest bet is to either get another exhaust which isnt as loud, i.e magnex,mongoose etc or if you insist on the rage one then dont cain the s**t out of your car through town centers etc. plod will come down on you for it. I think they just give you a producer to change it or something if your pulled for a noisy exhaust. Be careful on the roads also goin past plod with speed guns. chap who owned a white xr2i round my way got pulled as the copper heard him coming before he even got to the brow of the hill as his was that loud :lol:
slaney21
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Zafira A SRI 2.216V

Postby M1K3Y_B on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Think about it mate, what worth more you a big exhaust or having no license at all? :P
| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing! :lol:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic

Postby fiend on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:13 pm

Just don't buy a s**t exhaust like a Savage.

Problem solved.

..for an MOT there is no DB limit for exhausts, its all down to the testers judgement. Which is compelelty different when it comes to the Police.
fiend
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Rusey on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 pm

...not worth the risk.

leave the stupidly loud exhausts to the chives mate.
Rusey
Post Master
Post Master

Postby marc novataken on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:29 am

well i got this for sale or preferably swap now. will put pics up 2mo. ideally i want an exhaust that you can still hear, but not deafening lol
marc novataken
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.