[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
bike carbs on a cvh xr2i : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

bike carbs on a cvh xr2i

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

bike carbs on a cvh xr2i

Postby hb69 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:34 pm

i spoke to bogg bros and they can supply pretty much all the parts id need to fit them to mine, for quite a reasonable price. has anyone on here done this or anything similar before? or is there anyone got any previous experience of fitting bike carbs to fuel injected engines? any advice is appreciated.

many thanks
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby XRMike on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:58 pm

ASAD fitted some to his xr2i, so did Ant pittaway (to name a few). They have zetec engines, i cant see why you cant fit them to yours, fuel injected or not :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby edders on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:28 pm

any engine can be made to accept carbs (except diesels and hydrogen engines) its just a case of finding the right manifold to match them to the engine and getting them set up properly
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PMK3 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:11 am

or just get some twin 40's,will be cheaper and easier in the long run.there are loads of carbs on ebay already on CVH manifolds.plug and play :Q
fast road/track SI:1.6CVH,STG 3 head,DCOE 40's,GAZ coilovers,OMP cage,....
http://www.fiestaturbo.com/forums/proje ... -vt142808/
PMK3
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby hb69 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 pm

project_mk3 :or just get some twin 40's,will be cheaper and easier in the long run.there are loads of carbs on ebay already on CVH manifolds.plug and play :Q

yeah there are quite a few on there, the cvh manifolds they come with are most likely to be for the xr2 which doesnt have the cutouts for the injectors. which is a shame as i would love twin 40's.
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby XRMike on Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:01 pm

hb69 :
project_mk3 :or just get some twin 40's,will be cheaper and easier in the long run.there are loads of carbs on ebay already on CVH manifolds.plug and play :Q

yeah there are quite a few on there, the cvh manifolds they come with are most likely to be for the xr2 which doesnt have the cutouts for the injectors. which is a shame as i would love twin 40's.

Powerfreak (i think thats his name) would make something up for you as regards to using injectors :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby edders on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:16 pm

if theyre carbs then why would you need the cutouts for the injectors.
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby XRMike on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:21 pm

edders :if theyre carbs then why would you need the cutouts for the injectors.

If Henry wanted to keep the injectors, and just use the carbs for the butterfly, and have some injectors fitted into them.Im not sure if it can be done tbh, only a suggestion :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby hb69 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:15 pm

i wouldnt need the cutout for the injectors, as the carbs would sort out the fueling. as mine is an xr2i it has fuel injection and as a result of which has cut outs in the inlet for the injectors (making the holes larger than the xr2 inlet) and so would need a custom made manifold.
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PMK3 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:22 pm

hb69 :

i wouldnt need the cutout for the injectors, as the carbs would sort out the fueling. as mine is an xr2i it has fuel injection and as a result of which has cut outs in the inlet for the injectors (making the holes larger than the xr2 inlet) and so would need a custom made manifold.

yeah but on the DCOE manifold it wouldn't have these holes for injectors :-? .as the carbs do away with the injectors mate.
PMK3
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby hb69 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:38 pm

PMK3 :
hb69 :

yeah but on the DCOE manifold it wouldn't have these holes for injectors :-? .as the carbs do away with the injectors mate.

my xr2i cylinder head will still have the cut out for the injectors though, whereas the xr2 head would not, hence the need for the custom made manifold.
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PMK3 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:01 pm

aaah ok,should of gone for a carb fed engine,like a xr3 lump :wink:
PMK3
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby freak power on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:13 pm

If you have a EFI head and want to fit twin 40 then i can do you a plate so you can fit them
Now driving a 1999 Audi S3 with 2.1 20v OD HTAGT3582r Turbo

Bring on the 650+Bhp 4x4 monster
freak power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Dayle on Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:31 pm

yes there are adaptor plates to make them fit although could be a good idea to have the injector holes in the head metal welded. also keep the 2i head, ford already did some performance porting on it over the standard mk2 xr2 head.
Dayle
Poster
Poster

Postby edders on Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:34 pm

or couldnt you just have the holes on the manifold machined out so they are slightly bigger and match up with the xr2i head
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.