[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 778: Undefined array key 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 778: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
bleed valves + chips (which one etc!) : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

bleed valves + chips (which one etc!)

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

what chip

Total votes : 0

bleed valves + chips (which one etc!)

Postby xrsi on Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:34 am

Right seeing as the tubby should be on the road some time soon i have the following question!

What does a bleed valve do??

i have been told that it could be a temp solution to fit a bleed valve to my car to up the boost with out fitting a chip for a couple of weeks!

Is this true and where would i fit one? Also are they really nessacery?

bearing in mid i have the t3 on my car not a t2!

Also what chip should i get as i want to have work done to the engine later on! - i have an ofac ECU! [ERRR] if i have a 195 do i need to have beige's fitted at the same time??

Thanks

James
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby MadcatCraig on Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:32 pm

bleed valve restricts flow to the actuator causing more pressure pushing the wastegate causing the actuator to increase boost ! if you connect it to the amal vlave then the ecu will think its runnung normal boost when it isnt

it tricks it.

this is not good because unless ure ecu is mapped against the increased boost produced by the use of a bleed valve it will be runniong more boost than it thinks and so fueling will be short.

a 195 chip will not necesarily need beiges but does allow you to use them !

you will not get a true 195 bhp with this chip it just allows you to run boost close to 16psi

whereas a 165 chip will let you run a bit less than that ! if the fueling is off with this boost though beiges will be needed.

1st things 1st get a stainless system. make sure it runs sweet then think about it if u push a not so mint engine it could go pop.

Id try a stage 1 chip first and up the boost to just about 12psi should see you nicely then progress from there.
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby MadcatCraig on Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:34 pm

i also wouldnt get a superchip.

An ahmed Bayjoo stage 1 chip does the same as a 165 chip buts its more complex and requires a decent map to go with it.

Interpro will sort you with one of these for £300 fitted that includes 2 sessions on the rollers !
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:38 pm

xrsi......

I have a bleedvalve and a Superchip 165 chip and they have been working fine......the trick is to leave the bleedvalve alone.

Dont bother with a 195 chip, i am running 15psi (peak) holding 13psi, with a 165 chip and it copes well. My standard injectors are probably at the max coping with 15psi (peak). I know the standard I/C is having real problems with that boost pressure.
As Craig said, get a 165 chip and get the boost set to about 12-13psi. It's up to you how you get the boost set. The prefered option is a -32 actuator, but as i said i have had no bother with my bleedvalve and it will out last an actuator ;) but just leave it alone if you get one.

And remember........GET YOUR CAR SET-UP ON A ROLLING ROAD.

Craig......i think you wil find the bleedvalve actualy "bleeds" air pressure away from the actuator and amal valve so it does not open. It does not increase pressure.
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby xrsi on Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:09 pm

so it wouldnt do for a little while then while i wait till i got money for the chip??

Would get it set up anyway!

[ERRR] i dont wanna blow this engine as well!!

doesnt the t3 boost more than a t2 tho?? - yes i know jack bout turbos!!
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby MadcatCraig on Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:29 am

yeah greg seeing as its called a bleed valve i spose that is more apropriate.

XRSi yes a a T3 shifts more airdue to the larger size of the compressor housing. So at the same boost pressure as a T2 a T3 would actually be shifting more air into the engine.

if you get a chip you will have to have the car setup and the fueling could be altered accordingly to compensate for this.
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby xrsi on Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:20 am

thats the reason i was askin bout the bleed valve - to fool the ecu for a bit so you dont get over boost shut down!!

So would it work???
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby Ian C70T5 on Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:26 am

No mate.. overboost can only be bypassed with a chip..

My advice would be run standard boost until you can afford a decent chip..

I personally would get a Uni-Chip fitted and that is remappable, and if you want more info ask mate.. but i would steer clear of supercips, i have spoken to a few people on the RSOC BB and they have had problems with the Ahmed Bayjoo chip and mapping..

Run 9/10psi after being setup on rollers, cause this is very possible and easy for them to do, then save cash and get Decent Chip!
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby xrsi on Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:31 am

will do that then mate!

Where do you get them remapped tho and how much as chances are i would ave to get it remapped quite a few times as i will be doing the engine in bits!!

thanks for the help everyone!
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.