Bolt On or Bolt Off???

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Bolt On or Bolt Off???

Postby cheby on Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:30 pm

Right I've checked out K&N's site and I can't figure out what part I need. I want a bolt on for my fiesta. I've currently got just airbox thats drilled. Can one of you guys help me find the exact part code. I got told it's XR2i one but don't know which one will fit???? Cheers Boys.

My Car is: Ford Fiesta 1.3i cfi ohv

:rolleyes:
cheby
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Tomdom on Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:42 pm

alrite mate, it wont be a xr2i bolt on as u cant get them for that car

he coulda ment xr2 as that is carb'd and u can buy bolt on 1 for them

ur best bet if no1 from here knows it off hand is to go to halfords and get them to look in ther catalogues

good luck,

or u could buy a k&n replacement elememnt fing that would fit into ur drilled airbox, thats [ERRR] i had on me first car
ImageBreaking 2i, lots of parts available!, pm me
Tomdom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

mmmmm

Postby cheby on Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:49 pm

matey said i could take off the airbox and bolt a k&n bolt on straight on. i've got the element replacement airfilter and ive got it drilled. just want a k&n sound not a tiny drilled airbox one. and i was wondering who to make it better. and got told i could get a bolt on. but i know all halfords are gonna say if not dont make it for that car. which i know they dont. but i wanna put a bolt on on and do away with the airbox if u get me??? any other ideas???
cheby
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Tomdom on Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:56 pm

:rolleyes:

thats what im saying mate, they do make one,

for example the 1.3 in the haynes max power book has a green bolt on filter as well as oil breather, just demand to see all of the shops book, my local halfords had em all
ImageBreaking 2i, lots of parts available!, pm me
Tomdom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Meths on Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:26 pm

For bolt-ons it depends on the carb type:

Carb K&N part
TLM 56-9257
TLDM 56-9042
DFTM 56-9028
TLD 56-9042

Jon

EDIT: What year is yours ? The K&N site (just plugged in random year) doesn't list a bolt on, just a replacement filter for the 1.3L CFi /EDIT
Meths
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby cheby on Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:40 pm

indeed it does, I've changed the replacement element air filter that goes in the airbox . But what I want is to replace the whole airbox and get a bolt on. i can't find the correct part number i know they dont make one for my model engine but i've been told and xr2 one will b alright. i haven;t got a clue and i';ve talked 2 loads of people and all i want is the part number. thanx anyways boys. got anymore ideas?

J!
cheby
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby 1600power on Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:48 am

dude all u have to do is look for a reference on the website that ur buying it from or the shop that says XR2 1987-1990 that will give u the right carb.

I do believe however that the carb in question is the TLDM which means that 56-9042 is the code number for it.

Speak to whoever ur sourcing it off and thats the one u [ERRR] be needing if the car it fits matches the number!
now sold but not forgotten! :(
1600power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby benjfrst on Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:34 am

the k&n bolt on kit for an xr2 wont fit your cfi carb as the holes dont line up :(
benjfrst
Post Master
Post Master

Postby 1600power on Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:28 pm

benjfrst :the k&n bolt on kit for an xr2 wont fit your cfi carb as the holes dont line up :(

o yes it will cause u dont screw the carb in place it gets hooked on using the original mounting points from the airbox :)
now sold but not forgotten! :(
1600power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.