Boost Valves? Worth it?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby FiestaMental on Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:36 am

I am toying with the idea of getting one for my 1.4SI. Does anyone know how much gain i'll be looking at as its 95 notes from burtons.

Will i feel the difference? Answer on a self addressed envolope to......this post :grin:
(or just a reply'll do!) :rolleyes:
***** 2 2 0 B H P M K 4 G O L F T U R B O *****
FiestaMental
Post Master
Post Master

Location: Ilford, esSEX Drives: 200bhp VW Golf GTI 1.8 20v Turbo

Postby jab on Wed Jan 16, 2002 12:19 pm

Wouldn't bother mate, i've heard good reviews and bad reviews, but mostly bad. As for power increase i don't know but i don't think you would notice the difference.

Buy an induction kit, exhaust or save up for a chip if you really want a power increase.

Hope this helps mate :wink:
jab
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Mexi on Wed Jan 16, 2002 12:28 pm

they reduce petrol consuption, i know that much!
Mexi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Muzza on Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:10 pm

I wouldnt bother with them.
got one on turbo and as soon as i've got some spare cash i'm going back to the standard fuel pressure regulator.
ImageImage
Newsflash : Jeremy Beadle has a small penis. but on the other hand, it's massive.
Muzza
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Andy Si on Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:53 pm

Don't bother :grin:
Andy Si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby snake on Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:14 pm

U will gain nowt!!, apart from an engine that runs too rich.. They need setting up on a rolling road aswell..
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby Bad Boy Si on Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:21 pm

There is also a similar device, it doesnt work in the same way as the PBV, its an Ecotek decide or something, improves consumption, seems to have good reviews. Wondering if anyone had any real experiences with it ?

http://www.ecotekplc.com/
:smile:
ImageImage
[img]
Bad Boy Si
Poster
Poster

Postby FiestaMental on Tue Jan 29, 2002 2:18 pm

Im getting the vibes through and can sense that i shouldn't get one then :lol:

Ive already got a 3.5" remus zorst, CAN'T get an induction kit for my car EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOLD BY PEOPLE THAT I CAN!!!!! K&N dont do them, Pipercross said they do them...Here's the conversation i had with them....
Me: Do you have any induction kits for a 1994 Mk3 Fiesta SI? Its the 1.4 CVH version.
Pipercross: (looking through the books) yeah we've got one here; 'Fiesta 1.4si 96 onwards'. Is it a zetec?
Me: No! its a CVH and its a Mk3, ie 1994!!
Pipercross: we've got a 1.6 version or a 1.4 without injection.
Me: (Now starting to wonder why i bother talking at all), ok not to worry.
Pipercross: Oh hang on, got it! (gives me the part number).

So i trundled along to my local dealer and asked them if they could get one in for me. Gave them the part number and gave a fiver deposit and was told that someone is going to the peipercross the next day to pick some up. SWEET i thought!
So the next day i phoned them up asking if they got one. They said yeah they did, so i confirmed the part was right, it was. Then told them what car it was for......Oh no! its not a CVH, its a zetec. BA$ARTD$! Idiots!

I told them but they obviously dont listen.

Thinking about just drilling a few holes in my air box. Im just after a bit of noise from it!
FiestaMental
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Gaz7 on Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:14 am

Don't get a valve, they're completely pants, there's no point.

If you want a filter, how about trying K&N?

Gareth :smile:
Gaz7
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby FiestaMental on Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:52 am

K&N only do a replacement air filter for my car and i dont think thats gonna produce a better sound really. Maybe slightly.

Anyway, ive got bigger plans now!
FiestaMental
Post Master
Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:44 pm

get a k&n panel filter, cones ain't all that good, take in loadsa hot air usually, especially on a turbo, well unless you want to destroy your turbo and your power readings.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:35 pm

On 2002-01-31 13:44, me0u021e wrote:
get a k&n panel filter, cones ain't all that good, take in loadsa hot air usually, especially on a turbo, well unless you want to destroy your turbo and your power readings.

i have a K&N cone filter and my turbo is at 127,900 miles and helps give my car 140 @ wheels :rolleyes:
cones only take in hot air when you are stationary........when you are moving cold air is passing through the front of your car and this is when you want the power.
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby johnny si on Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:00 pm

if u had read the post u would have realised he ain't even got a feckin turbo meo557577 :rolleyes:
johnny si
Poster
Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:25 pm

"i have a K&N cone filter and my turbo is at 127,900 miles and helps give my car 140 @ wheels
cones only take in hot air when you are stationary........when you are moving cold air is passing through the front of your car and this is when you want the power."

On a turbo its not the hot air that affects it, its the cone.

Didn't say he did, just posted a comment on cone filters and how they are ESPECIALLY POO on a turbo actually johnny si. :smile:
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Al1exx on Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:44 pm

"get a k&n panel filter, cones ain't all that good, take in loadsa hot air usually, especially on a turbo, well unless you want to destroy your turbo and your power readings"

I had a K&N cone on my RST, was told to get rid 'cos of all the hot air it could have drawn in. Turned out not to be a problem though 'cos the car never moved! :lol:

"Didn't say he did..." yes you did, I'd say that saying "..... to destroy your turbo and your ...." is basically saying the guy has a turbo, wouldn't you? Or was it a collective "you" ( as in "all you FRST owners" )

Doesn't matter anyway, but you don't have to make an arguement out of everything me0u021e. It undermines your comments & knowledge.

I've never had an FSE valve, but based on what I've learned, I'll be avoiding them. They can cause leaky injectors due to the higher fuel pressure too. A lot of people have lots of success with 'em tho'!
:smile:
Alex

Edited because one of my brackets turned into a smiley!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Al1exx on 2002-02-08 21:45 ]</font>
Al1exx
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Sam on Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:56 pm

Just a quick question are all the ppl saying that boost valves dont do nothin FRST owners? Because wasnt the boost valve orgionally designed for fuel injection cars even tho a FRST is... what im saying is on a RS there might not be no gain [ERRR] the motion lotion is being forced into the engine anyways, but on a regular fuel injected car couldnt a BV make more of a differance?

And yea it does make the enigne run ritcher but couldnt u get away with this if u have a K&N too... so its getting more air and petral faster therefore blancing it out?
Sam
Poster
Poster

Postby Mexi on Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:28 am

ive got a 1400si cvh and ive got a piper-x induction kit!!!

(soon 2 be bridgers tho)
Mexi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.