[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Braided hoses : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Braided hoses

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Braided hoses

Postby lucasdemoley on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:13 pm

My mate pointed out that my rubber lines are cracking and need replacing, I was just wondering if it was worth puting braided hoses on? How much more do they cost and wheres the best place to get them from/make?

I've heard some bad things about the lines failing, how common is this, can they be dangerouse on an everyday car covering tens of 1,000s of miles?

What are the bonuse and bad things about their use?

cheers for help on this peeps!
Just because I keep talking about definetly doing it doesn't mean I'm actualy going to do it.
lucasdemoley
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:31 pm

They are quite simply the funlumps. If you've had people telling you they've failed it's either s**t or they've made a complete Horlicks out of fitting them.

There are no downsides to their fitment

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby lucasdemoley on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:50 pm

I just remembered a while back a few stories of them fraying and braking, oh well.

What are good makes? and Would they be better than say a cheap set of ebay? I dont know how much roiginal ones cost, are they hugely more?

Cheers for the help oranoco
Just because I keep talking about definetly doing it doesn't mean I'm actualy going to do it.
lucasdemoley
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:08 pm

Never had or seen any problems with Goodridge braided hoses.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PMK3 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:08 pm

got my set of braided lines of ebay,goodridge ones.Haven't used the car yet to comment on them though they are supposed to stop and flex or swelling from the standard rubber ones.
fast road/track SI:1.6CVH,STG 3 head,DCOE 40's,GAZ coilovers,OMP cage,....
http://www.fiestaturbo.com/forums/proje ... -vt142808/
PMK3
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby filtra on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:09 pm

I just put some on my FRST. With new fluid and brakes all round the pedal feel is very hard and positive. Remember that they are not a straight fit into the exisiting brackets, I had to use washers and parts of the old system to stop them flapping about as where you need to screw them onto the main brake line is different that the standard item.
Ex Fiesta RS Turbo owner :(
filtra
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby lucasdemoley on Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm

Feersum_Enjin :I just put some on my FRST. With new fluid and brakes all round the pedal feel is very hard and positive. Remember that they are not a straight fit into the exisiting brackets, I had to use washers and parts of the old system to stop them flapping about as where you need to screw them onto the main brake line is different that the standard item.

How do you mean? Are the connections different or is the new pipe just longer/shorter or something?
lucasdemoley
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Smo on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:43 am

I'm getting some tomorrow for when I fit my new brakes later this week. Everything I've heard about the Goodridge ones has been very positive :)
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus

Postby lucasdemoley on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Smo :I'm getting some tomorrow for when I fit my new brakes later this week. Everything I've heard about the Goodridge ones has been very positive :)

Can you take some pics and post up any problems or niggling things pls.
lucasdemoley
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Smo on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:39 pm

Went to Rally Design to get them today and the Goodridge ones were out of stock, so they made me up some which worked out a little cheaper. I think they're basically the same, or at least I hope so :lol:

Will try and get them fitted sometime over the weekend.
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus

Postby filtra on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:35 pm

lucasdemoley :
Feersum_Enjin :I just put some on my FRST. With new fluid and brakes all round the pedal feel is very hard and positive. Remember that they are not a straight fit into the exisiting brackets, I had to use washers and parts of the old system to stop them flapping about as where you need to screw them onto the main brake line is different that the standard item.

How do you mean? Are the connections different or is the new pipe just longer/shorter or something?

No, all the connectors are perfect fits and lengths from brake line to calliper.

If I have time tonight I'll take some pics. It's the brackets that used to hold the old (bigger) plastic tubing to the body work that are too big so you have to pad it out with washers so you can tighten. You don't have to do this but I wanted the lines following the standard routing using all the old mounts and hose protection. Fitting the rears you dont have to do anything.
Ex Fiesta RS Turbo owner :(
filtra
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.