Brakes for my mk 3 frst

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Brakes for my mk 3 frst

Postby timmy turbo on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:32 pm

Does anyone one know how much it will cost me to have some cossie brakes fitted to my frst approximatly, and can you convert all 4 to disks.
timmy turbo
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Oranoco on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:27 am

About £350 for a tuner to supply and fit all the parts. Leave the drums on the back rear disc conversions never work properly despite what many people will try and tell you.

My mate doesn't need discs on the back of his 300bhp+ Zetec Turbo monster so you have to ask yourself honestly "Do you really need them"?

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby timmy turbo on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:42 pm

Right ok mate cheers ill just convert the front then that will be plenty for my little beast. Cheers again from
Timmy turbo :Q
timmy turbo
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby saqmaster on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:14 pm

ST150 brakes bolt straight onto the front and make for a nice, cheap conversion!
Click sig for build diary
saqmaster
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Your car: Focus ST

Postby Dayle on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 pm

only around 25 percent of braking is done on the rear. Only reason many people convert rear to disc is of the ease of maintanance.
Dayle
Poster
Poster

Postby Oranoco on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Dayle :only around 25 percent of braking is done on the rear. Only reason many people convert rear to disc is of the ease of maintanance.

It's actually nearer 10% for FWD applications

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby HCS PIMP on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:25 pm

I love rear disc
go for it they look cool and you won't have to spend on new adjusters when doing hand brake turns
or the joy of new master cylinders every year

In fact i hate drums arggg sorry got carried away just watch tokoyo drift again ohhhh i want an evo soooo badddd and i'm called sean argggg

anyone know someone looking for new driver to do rallying or motor cross as i crave driving on a track and sure my driving will end in me losing my car as i love to drive fast

i have started to slow down but still i want to drive on a track and get a job with cars not in a loading bay
2.1 Went BANGGGGG now a Ghia 1800
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:07 am

HCS PIMP :I love rear disc
go for it they look cool and you won't have to spend on new adjusters when doing hand brake turns
or the joy of new master cylinders every year

In fact i hate drums arggg sorry got carried away just watch tokoyo drift again ohhhh i want an evo soooo badddd and i'm called sean argggg

anyone know someone looking for new driver to do rallying or motor cross as i crave driving on a track and sure my driving will end in me losing my car as i love to drive fast

i have started to slow down but still i want to drive on a track and get a job with cars not in a loading bay

Superb, but you still haven't addressed the fact they don't work properly :-?

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby HCS PIMP on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:05 pm

they should do the only reason for locking would be not having as good a brake set up on the the front and the fact the brake lines are stainless

In my experience from forus ect the rs2000 set up work well
2.1 Went BANGGGGG now a Ghia 1800
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jimmyesh on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Oranoco :
Superb, but you still haven't addressed the fact they don't work properly :-?

They DO work properly if you fit a balance-bar pedal box assembly as my RS1800/st170 hybrid uses or alternatively use an in-car bias adjuster. My car was set up by me on a roller brake tester and went through its MOT fine, also I've had to do a number of emergency stops on the M25 on Friday afternoons (due to all the tailgate-clinging, brake-happy Knobbers in front of me!:x ) and I've stopped safely, quickly, straight AND still facing forwards! :lol:

I do however agree with you on the fact that unless you're running stratospheric power levels (YES I know I'm not! :cry: :lol: ) then the drums are more than up to the job and that Discs are fitted more for cosmetic reasons and ease of maintenance than for braking power. You can't deny that they are far more pleasing on the eye than drums eh mate?

I'm sure I'm not the only MK3 fiesta owner with rear discs that work properly?! :wink:
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.