Brazilian 1.0 supercharger onto larger zetecs......

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Brazilian 1.0 supercharger onto larger zetecs......

Postby scarlet_pimp_mobile on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:32 pm

If you have read my other post then you'll know about these Mk6's here with 1.0 supercharged engines. They produce 90 bhp from a standard 60bhp 1.0 zetec. I have been seriously considering aquiring one of these chargers, to take back to blighty and stick in a bigger engine. Can you tell me with your knowledge of engines what would need to be done to a zetec to take on the charger ie forged pistons etc as with people's zetec turbo conversions. Also could you tell me (theorectically) if these chargers gives 30bhp to a 1.0 what would it give for larger zetecs.
I really have no proper knowledge of this!

ps. The fiesta modifying comunity here are yet to experiment with this.

" San Diego... German ofcourse, meaning 'A Whale's Vagina' "
scarlet_pimp_mobile
Post Master
Post Master

Location: Hurst Green, East Sussex/ Constitution Hill, Swansea

Postby MadMac on Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:08 pm

TBH mate, supercharger kits are not cheap ($2000-$3000) and on a 1000cc... not worth it.
RyanH's personal rim worshiper..... :lol:
MadMac
Post Master
Post Master

Postby scarlet_pimp_mobile on Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:53 am

I think you misread my post mate! :lol:

scarlet_pimp_mobile
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:57 am

you need to know the specifics of the charger

because you will probably find it will run out of puff extremely quickly on a bigger engine, and therefore getting little benifit,

depends on specs of engines and chargers tho

IMO wont be the cheapest way anyway but thats up to you
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby ju575 on Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:20 pm

Slightly off topic but would they fit the HCS engines, would be a good way to get more power without an engine conversion if so :D i'm probably just dreaming though :lol:
ju575
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby scarlet_pimp_mobile on Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:39 am

I found out while looking through the manual of a Ka here that the Zetec Rocam is only 8v. This means that there is a quite a difference in these Rocams and our Zetecs.....
Where could I find out the, specifics as you say, of the charger? Contact Ford here or something or aquire a manual of a Fiesta Supercharger? Would that contain the appropiate details do you think? Hmmmmm will have a more thorough search...
I don't know the characteristics of superchargers can they be uprated like people getting these t3 hybrid turbos?
I know it'd be expensive but i thought it would be original too :)

scarlet_pimp_mobile
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FedeArg on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:25 am

Mate have you tried http://www.ebay.com.br???? I'm sure you'll find something at a very good price for you considering the exchange rate between Reais and Pounds.

Regarding superchargers, they are not the best option for me as they are belt driven and they start giving boost at idle speed but they take 70% of their potential off due to the belt driven thing (I don't remember all the why's). A turbo is much better sinc it doesn't need any energy to make it work.

I see here at FT.com that most of fthe people goes for a T3 when they want to upgrade but they suffer from lag if the car isn't correctly set up. Why not considering a GT28????? They are many many times better than any old T3. They spool faster due to the ballbearing and due that they have a similar size to the T3 you get more flow which is better than having low flow and loads of boost.

If you are in Brazil I recomend you checking the Masterpower website (just google to find it) as Masterpower belongs to Garrett
Fahr nicht schneller als dein Schutzengel fliegen kann
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby scarlet_pimp_mobile on Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:02 pm

ok then, i'll take the hint. Turbos are the only way forward :(
I'll see how for how much I can find a charger here and if it's cheap then maybe i'll get one........
but just outta interest, tell me a rough guess of what would happen if i stuck it in a zetec-s or my 1.25 :lol:

thanks everyone who's replied, could have spent a s**t load for something that didn't do very much! :)

scarlet_pimp_mobile
Post Master
Post Master

Postby krsi on Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:38 am

Isn't the Zetec Rocam whats used in the sport Ka? I thought they used a 1.6 8v so it might be one of these engines as i thought they used an engine from South America so the supercharger may fit one of these engines? I might just be chatting rubbish though :oops:
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby scarlet_pimp_mobile on Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:40 am

you may be on to something there matey, however I want to keep all 16 of my valves :lol: I'll just get a zetec-s it'll be enough for me, being a young'un and all. :D

scarlet_pimp_mobile
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Smo on Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:25 pm

Thought the Sport Ka was a 1.6 Duratec..

Edit: It is, and it is 8v :lol:

Some reason I thought it was 16v :-?
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus

Postby scarlet_pimp_mobile on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:03 am

Don't worry, everythings going to be fine. 8v or 16v I still wouldn't have a Ka :lol:

(sorry, cheapshot at the Ka again, actually I'm in love with a Ka i'm driven around in over here :aaah: )

scarlet_pimp_mobile
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.