[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
carb for hcs : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

carb for hcs

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

carb for hcs

Postby purple_fiesta on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:33 pm

reading the months classic ford and some blokey asks what engine will go in his motor for a power increase, they suggest the brilliant hcs :D :lol: they go on to say that you can fit cams (knew that) but they also say you can fit a weber carb, it doesnt say what type, does anyone have any idea which one it is?
2.1 Zetec Turbo ERST S2. T34 Hybrid Turbo. Tubular PVE Manifold. Rover Inlet. Stage 2 CTS Box. 3" - 4" Mongoose. Stripped out. Corbeau Revolution Seats.
6 Point Safety Devices Cage.
purple_fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby chris-fiesta on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:46 pm

my uncle told me that id be able to get a weber on my 1.3 but i never believd him :lol:
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby cheby on Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:04 am

I've heard about this lil conversion to. But I think that after all of the hassle getting it setup on a rubbish engine will be a waste of money. Safe your money and get your self something better ...

Cheby
:D
cheby
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby purple_fiesta on Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:49 pm

i can afford something better but cant get insured so im wanting it to play with in the time being.
2.1 Zetec Turbo ERST S2. T34 Hybrid Turbo. Tubular PVE Manifold. Rover Inlet. Stage 2 CTS Box. 3" - 4" Mongoose. Stripped out. Corbeau Revolution Seats.
6 Point Safety Devices Cage.
purple_fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby 285Andy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:22 am

id have thought you could fit a webber carb very easily to a hcs. wouldnt you just need a inlet fanimould off a earlier 1.1, 1.3 or 1.6? a 1.6 off a mk1 xr2 would be better as it will aready have a twin choke webber carb bolted to it. might have a problem with fuel pressure though so will probably need a regulator. the only thing im not sure about is if the manifold bolt pattern off a earlier ohv is the same as a hcs. would think it was but nevver compared them to know. other than that, may need slighty smaller jets if the hcs has got a standard cam. those two would make quite a difference id have thought

PPL, f*****g over music listners since 1934
285Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: fiesta rs turbo

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby eddy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:37 pm

bakewell had a twin choke weber on his 1.3 hcs in his ERST lookalike - want it for mine now but its in a scrappy sumwhere :(
eddy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby bakewell001 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:52 pm

and it was alot more powerful than the pissy carb i have now!! Only thing that limited the scort was its poo 4 speed gearbox :(
bakewell001
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby eddy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:57 pm

u aint got a carb now - its cfi
eddy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ollybee on Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:23 pm

My first Fiesta was a J-reg 1100 and it had a Webber carb as standard. It was the TLDM and was the same carb that went onto the mk2 XR2 except it had slightly smaller jets. Suggest getting a carb off a mk2 XR2 or a mk3 1.6s.
Those that can, do; and those that can't, talk about it.
YRN Thread - yrn-vt151433/
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=869385470
Ollybee
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Focus Titanium & Fiesta ST

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Quartz

Postby Badgerboy on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:02 am

All the Mk3 Carb'd HCS engines had Webers on them! Not very good Webers, but Webers all the same. The 1.1's and 1.3's had twinchoke jobbies.

Look in your Haynes, they are all listed there.
Badgerboy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Pez on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:19 am

Looking at the reg of your car, id suspectits got CFi, which means it has a cat, which means, if you fanny about fitting a carb, you'll never pass an emissions test in a month of Sunday's. Yes Weber do uprated carb kits for the OHV engines, available through their dealers, Southern Carbs and Injection would be a good place to start. But if you do want to go down that route, you will have to change the engine for an earlier OHV engine, pre-emissions spec.
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby bowdenj on Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:11 pm

Pez :Looking at the reg of your car, id suspectits got CFi, which means it has a cat, which means, if you fanny about fitting a carb, you'll never pass an emissions test in a month of Sunday's. Yes Weber do uprated carb kits for the OHV engines, available through their dealers, Southern Carbs and Injection would be a good place to start. But if you do want to go down that route, you will have to change the engine for an earlier OHV engine, pre-emissions spec.

J plates can quite easily have carbs, and therefore no cat

John
Audi quattro turbo
bowdenj
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Pez on Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:46 pm

bowdenj :
Pez :Looking at the reg of your car, id suspectits got CFi, which means it has a cat, which means, if you fanny about fitting a carb, you'll never pass an emissions test in a month of Sunday's. Yes Weber do uprated carb kits for the OHV engines, available through their dealers, Southern Carbs and Injection would be a good place to start. But if you do want to go down that route, you will have to change the engine for an earlier OHV engine, pre-emissions spec.

J plates can quite easily have carbs, and therefore no cat

John

J plates DID have carbs, no doubt, but his car is N-reg, just been through the Photoshop mixer :wink:
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.