Check this out >>>>

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Check this out >>>>

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Mon May 13, 2002 3:04 pm

Does this sound a good deal for my Fiesta si Zetec.

Hello,
First of all, please let me thank you for your enquiry.

We can certainly improve this vehicle for you. This is a email i received about tuning my car. Please give me some advice Fiestaturbo.com

If you have your engine management system re-mapped by us, you can expect the following improvements:

Approx 5 - 10 Bhp increase in power

Approx 7 - 12 Ft-lb increase in torque

Your car will be totally re-mapped "LIVE" on the road whilst being driven under many different conditions / loads.
Live mapping has many advantages over a ready made "chip", here are the main ones:
1) The final product will be programmed to suit your own car and not somebody else's.
2) All tuning performed on the vehicle is 100% correct and perfectly tuned for your own vehicle.
3) It enables us to make the best possible use of any existing modifications you may have done.
4) We can concentrate on your own "custom" requirements, should you have any.
4) The use of high octane fuel allows us to enhance the performance even more.
This is NOT the case if someone just plugs in a "Chip" that was developed on someone else's car, Or a "Tuning box"
The work needed to re-map this vehicle takes approximately 5 - 6 hours to complete and will cost you £250 including vat and fitting.
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby moulder on Mon May 13, 2002 4:46 pm

Sounds good, but would be better done after all your other mods like exhaust, filter, cams head etc, as it can all be set up to suit then and will go like the clappers.
moulder
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Mon May 13, 2002 4:52 pm

I have a SS back box (Back box because i have been told the Zetecs run better when their is back pressure (IS THIS TRUE) and a Induction Kit, RS 1800 Thro :wink: ttle body
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby grahamb on Mon May 13, 2002 5:21 pm

5-6 hours? LOL :lol: Thats taking the piss. Let me have the car for 5-6 hours, so I can thrash it round the local lanes, and I'll then persuade you that its faster than ever!

And no, engines do not need back pressure. Engines need lots of lovely cold air and good quality fuel, in the right mixture, and the exhaust system is simply there to help the exhaust gasses exit the engine. Back pressure inhibits this process. A good straight through system with sensible bore sizes is much better for an engine than a badly designed system. Poor quality silencers, simply produce back pressure, because gasses can't flow through them without restriction. Claims of back pressure being good for an engine, are put about by companies that manufacture crap, cheapo, low quality exhaust systems. :)
Imagewww.zetecinside.com
  • 1/4 mile in 14.4s at 96mph [Oct 05]
  • Top speed 124.6mph [June 05]
grahamb
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Phil Si on Mon May 13, 2002 5:33 pm

250 quid will get u an 1800 engine and u have over 20-30bhp increase straight away! the 1.6 are pants for tuning.. full stop, i'd save money and spend it on ice etc, :o

How's my moderating? Call 0800-U-R-BANNED
Phil Si
Crack Smoker Of The Year 1999
Crack Smoker Of The Year 1999

Car: 2000 BMW 330 Ci

Postby snake on Mon May 13, 2002 5:46 pm

double post
Last edited by snake on Mon May 13, 2002 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby snake on Mon May 13, 2002 5:46 pm

hmm for £250 u aint gonna get a chip that can be mapped!!, all they are gonna do is use s**t rolling road figures!!, and it takes a maximum 2 hours to map an ecu from scratch!!

Octane boost, well u don`t need it the car was designed for 95 ron fuel and if they were gonna map the car they could do it to the fuel, u only need it if the car is detting

Who is the company??
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby chumkila on Mon May 13, 2002 7:54 pm

its meu12334 aka turboman again!! :lol:
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.