Coilovers for an XR2i

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Coilovers for an XR2i

Postby ~Tony~ on Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:30 pm

who makes the best coilovers for a 2i my car is going to be used in tarmac rallies so need a really strong, and fully adjustable suspension

i've been told h&r do a really good setup. does anyone know anyone who stocks these?

also who stocks polyurathene bushes at a good price.

cheeRS
still need to update this sig
~Tony~
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: FRST, FRS mk1, Defender 90

Postby voorhas on Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:06 pm

Ohlins, @ about 600 or 700 quid a corner :lol:

Seriously now, H&R aren't fully adjustable... all you get is ride height adjustment and you can play around with spring poundages (since they use normalised dimension springs), which is fine if you're just into a bit of weekend tarmac rallying and u use the car as a daily driver. If you want to get dead serious about it, I'd consider talking to Leda for a state of the art, fully adjustable, nuclear attack resistant coilover set.

Goncalo D.
voorhas
Poster
Poster

Postby ~Tony~ on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:13 pm

its still going to be my daily driver as well but i want something that is seriously good. so what do people suggest i got about £1,200 to spend on coilovers
~Tony~
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

colliovers

Postby kev RS on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:20 pm

avo's are realy good got a set on my 2i. cost about £600-£700 but if you r going to use the car all the time dont ude collioversas they r rock solid.ive only got mine on colliovers so i could get my 17's on easyer and ive all so got another car to run around in.
kev RS
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

colliovers

Postby kev RS on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:20 pm

avo's are realy good got a set on my 2i. cost about £600-£700 but if you r going to use the car all the time dont use collioversas they r rock solid.ive only got mine on colliovers so i could get my 17's on easyer and ive all so got another car to run around in.
kev RS
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

colliovers

Postby kev RS on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:21 pm

avo's are realy good got a set on my 2i. cost about £600-£700 but if you r going to use the car all the time dont use collioversas they r rock solid.ive only got mine on colliovers so i could get my 17's on easyer and ive all so got another car to run around in.
kev RS
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby ~Tony~ on Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:29 pm

nah defo going coilovers mate i need the adjustability. plus i avoid speed bumpes and the like as if it were the plague. and i've becoming pretty damn good at avoiding potholes.

but cheers for the advise anyway
~Tony~
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.