Cornering Judder.

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Cornering Judder.

Postby Newb0y on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:10 am

Basiclly The handling on my car is really a Bic™. I need it sorted before i whack the 2.0 lump into it, or i could see my self dead.
I Just cant think what it could be.
The steering is heavy but not excessivley heavily ' Erm.. The car pull's certain way's some-times depending on what road surface and cambers your on e.t.c ( bushes have been sorted and propley pressed in & out , both side's. )
Tyres are All fine. All running around 32 psi.
Let's say i was going about 60+ round any corner the car seems too judder really bad ,but have no idea why.. i get alot of feed back from the steering at any speed's & increases on cornering . If im going 100 + The steering go's fuckin crazy. lol it's a death trap.
Also i dont know if this is what the fiesta is supposed too do. but say im going round a bend like a ' r ' I drop it from 3rd into 2nd as i approach the corner , i accelerate hard threw it and the wheel's just spin up and make the car harder too control. ( but on my mates civic you can just blast it round the corner with your foot too the floor ) and there's no spin there what so ever. Think that's all. things i've replaced too try and magicly cure the problem .

x 2 LowerArm's With brand new bushes
x 2 Rear GaS Shock's With near enough new STD spring's
x 2 New Toyo Proxies tyres for the front
x 2 budget tyres for back.

Im basicly running 16''s with wideish tyres 205's

Thing's im going too try are two new front gas shocks with some new springs.

Add a Rear Anti Roll Bar.

And Buy a front and rear strut.

Any Help would be helpful if you suffered from any off these problems and you found a cure ..

Thank's for reading :bonkers:
Dropping the -->
2.0L Zetec-E Mondeo Engine Lump in SOON.
Newb0y
Poster
Poster

Postby Andy299 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:30 am

I had the same problem, found out when i took it for a MOT the front left wheel hub was worn where the ball joint fits, it ok now, just needs tracking. Have you checked if your tracking is out?
Hope this helps abit
Andy299
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Newb0y on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:43 pm

Andy299 :I had the same problem, found out when i took it for a MOT the front left wheel hub was worn where the ball joint fits, it ok now, just needs tracking. Have you checked if your tracking is out?
Hope this helps abit

Thank's for your reply Andy. I have had the car laser tracked up when it was lowered 45-MM all round on Jamex springs and STD shocks.
But 2 week's later the tracking went out very quick. And i noticed wear on my inner tyre's . So i resulted too put new back shocks/springs and new STD springs on the front with 2 x lower Arms + Bushes + 2 Tyres & i havent noticed any inner tyre wear since ( And thats been about 4 - 5 weeks now. )
There was this one time i got some of these tyres which were left out-side a unit , so i was with my mates .. and i whacked the tyres on to do a burnout. As i was about too do the burn out ( on the spot , and your front wheel's are spinning ) I dropped the clutch at about 7000 rpm and there was a big knock i thought i knackerd the box or something.. so i tried too carry on driving i got it going but ... the steering kept on pulling left extremley heavy , it was causing me too go into the side of the road it was that bad.. I stopped & had a look at all the disk assemply , drive shafts , lower arms , bushes e.t.c and i couldnt see f**k all wrong. so i had no choice too drive it home . Also when i tried too turn a corner i heard this knocking and grinding noise. :-? . ( couldnt go above 30 lol ) And then all of a sudden after abit of driving it went away and the car was fine since.. bar the juddering problem.. I dont know if that had anything too do with it.

My mate said it could be the front left wheel bearing could be abit stiff . but i couldnt see it causing that much of a judder too be honest. There's no noises or nothing , drives quitley and sweet as ..It's just the handling is f**cked.
Dropping the -->
2.0L Zetec-E Mondeo Engine Lump in SOON.
Newb0y
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.