[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
could i do this at home? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

could i do this at home?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

could i do this at home?

Postby Dexter on Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:15 pm

gonna buy a G max suspension kit to lower my si 40m front and back. could i fit the suspension on my own or is it complicated and require someone with experience? trying to keep costs down and doing things myself, as well as learning summut.,

cheers.
Dexter
Poster
Poster

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:24 pm

a Haynes & a spring compressor are the main buts apart from a jack.

A garage may only charge £30-£60 @ a guess
My Bad!

Sorry
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TrekkieFRST on Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:28 pm

Like Andy said, a spring compressor, Jack and a number of spanners are all that is needed...of course you already have the haynes don't you!!

it's not a hard job...but I'd advise doing front then back...just in case you can't do it all in one day you can drive it around with the front lowered until you get a chance to do back...

back is the easiest to do though

oh and you'll want WD-40 too...just in case
R.I.P Rob...
"The Teenage Chicks Love The Car"
TrekkieFRST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Kings Lynn Drives: Honda Prelude Sex Appeal: 52.30% Loves: Stuff!!!

Postby SimonIce on Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:41 pm

where abouts you from dexter?
SimonIce
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Dexter on Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:11 pm

i'm in leeds. also, i was just looking on x factor website and its 230 quid for a set to lower my fiesta. when it says set does that mean just the front or all four wheels? f+b ?
Dexter
Poster
Poster

Postby eXtreme-fiesta on Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:22 pm

personally id never do it again, but then i did get quoted from around £60-£120 to get it done by a few garages so i just fitted them myself along with alwaysmods2do.

The backs are a piece of piss, its the front, splittin the ball joint, and then puttin it back in, what a b!tch of a job!

I think xfactor means all four, front and back.
Jamie
eXtreme-fiesta
Fiesta XR1.3i
Fiesta XR1.3i

Postby FezzR on Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:31 pm

£230 is for all 4

rears are easy apart from the bottome bolt which require quite some effort some times.

fronts u dont need to remove the ball joint, u just need to remove the bolt that secures the strut to the hub. (this is known to snap often) then with a lump hammer and a large flat ended punch, hit the hub down. use some wd40 or similar to free it up. then when thats of undo the top.

then its just a case of swapping over top mounts and bump stops. it may be worth fitting new.
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby Percy! on Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:37 pm

I did it myself (with a mate) the other day, was quite easy and you don't have to mess with the ball joint if you are clever. I used a trolley jack, spring compressers, an allen key, a big hammer (needed to avoid messing with the ball joint) and a few spanners. Only took about 3 hours.
Percy!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Citreon

Postby Dexter on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:45 pm

cheers guys.
Dexter
Poster
Poster

Postby eXtreme-fiesta on Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:35 pm

we used copper grease instead of wd-40 because it copes with the heat better or some random dribble like that :lol:
Jamie
eXtreme-fiesta
Fiesta XR1.3i
Fiesta XR1.3i

Postby FezzR on Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:49 pm

eXtreme-fiesta :we used copper grease instead of wd-40 because it copes with the heat better or some random dribble like that :lol:

copper grease would have done squat!
copper grease wouldnt run in between the join and free it up. it will just sit where u put it.

a grease used for the wrong application can be as good as a nout
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby alexxr2i on Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:03 pm

When ur dad is head mechanic at a ford garage, it suddenly becomes both easy and cheap! Free to be exact. You jus gotta remember that u can treat it with force. Im talkin sledge hammers at noon styley. Most of the suspention is solid metal and believe me, it won't break.
alexxr2i
Poster
Poster

Postby eXtreme-fiesta on Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:05 pm

FezzR :
eXtreme-fiesta :we used copper grease instead of wd-40 because it copes with the heat better or some random dribble like that :lol:

copper grease wouldnt run in between the join and free it up. it will just sit where u put it.

Sorry, i used wd-40 where bolts were too tight etc.. but used copper grease when bashing the hub back onto the suspension arm if that makes sense.
Jamie
eXtreme-fiesta
Fiesta XR1.3i
Fiesta XR1.3i

Postby FezzR on Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:19 pm

eXtreme-fiesta :
FezzR :

Sorry, i used wd-40 where bolts were too tight etc.. but used copper grease when bashing the hub back onto the suspension arm if that makes sense.

dont be sorry mate :P

yea copper grease would work when beating on, but wouldnt work for beating off! :oooh:
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby eXtreme-fiesta on Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:35 pm

lets hope i never have to get it off then :)
Jamie
eXtreme-fiesta
Fiesta XR1.3i
Fiesta XR1.3i

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.