CVH Rebuild

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

CVH Rebuild

Postby Canwell on Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:04 pm

it seems that no-one wants to buy my 1.6 cvh lump :( , so i was thinking i could have sum fun and try to rebuild it. how much is it likely to cost me to do, considering i do as much work as i can myself?

cheers
Rich :wink:
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:16 am

All depends what u wanna do. Top end u can replace the valves, valve springs, stem oil seals, rocker arms, tappets, cam, get the head skimmed etc. Bottom end i dunno much about, but pistons, piston rings, bearings and shells. All depends what the state of everything is in when u find it really as lots of it may or may not need replacing, tho i guess the point of a rebuild is to replace stuff that could go wrong anyway :bonkers:

I wouldnt mind ur engine! what mileage is on it and how did it run before the smash? also how much u want for it!

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Canwell on Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:12 pm

festajon :I wouldnt mind ur engine! what mileage is on it and how did it run before the smash? also how much u want for it!

done 86k, it ran quite well, no major problems, looking for £120 with gearbox, or £100 without, u will get the carb, manifolds, etc with it.
bargain really, as i paid £200 for a 1.1 alone!
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:49 pm

Sounds ok to me, but where is west sussex and where abouts there do ya live?!? i will have a look at the map! i am quite near to london and essex would ya take 90 for the engine and carb bits :wink: as im guessing its gonna be about 80 miles or summit! Where there any signs of smoke like on start up, flooring it, idle? Was the head tappety and can it be heard running? or if not can it be turned over for a couple of seconds so i can do a compression test on it?

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Canwell on Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:48 pm

i live near to chichester, there was slight smoke on start up when starting from real cold, other than that its totally fine. it can be seen running, it would then need to be taken out then and there, rather than me take my time and get it out, or u could take the whole shell for the same price? and u can take it out yourself?

Rich
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Tom SX on Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:36 am

lots.

sorry not much help i will be able to tell you by christmas when mine is done :P (he says:P)
Tom SX
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: A big German gaymobile

Postby festajon on Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:30 am

Ok dood, i have looked it up on the map and found ur not too far from me :D :D I will take ur word on the engine then mate as i dont fancy taking an engine out of a car twice, if u see what i mean lol. What sorta condition was the gearbox in? all i know is that mine whines like a b!tch in reverse lol, If yours doesnt then i'll have that too mate :D

Is it alright to collect next weekend? will PM u nearer the time to see if u got it out ok and that and for your addy. Sound ok mate?

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Canwell on Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:36 pm

yea the gearbox was in good nick, no whining in gears, clutch seemed fine too. i will try and get it out by next weekend, might not have alot of time but will see how things go.

cheers, Rich
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.