de cat a 1.1?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

de cat a 1.1?

Postby mini_racer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:36 am

hello, would it be worth de catin my 1.1 mk3 fiesta?

Grant
mini_racer
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Re: de cat a 1.1?

Postby M1K3Y_B on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:40 am

I honestly wouldn't bother with doing it mate, unless you know someone who can do it cheap :)
| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing! :lol:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic

Postby mini_racer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:42 am

i have got someone that could do it for me cheap lol, would it be worth getting a different back box aswell? or just keep the standard one on as i don't want it to loud

Grant
mini_racer
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby M1K3Y_B on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:46 am

By cheap i meant doing it almost for free :wink: :lol:

If you want to do it, then go for it then mate, but i don't know if you will gain any performance though :-?

With a decat it won't be much louder than normal, i wouldn't have thought :)

With a 1.1 engine, whatever backbox you put on its not going to be that loud, unless you take out the centre section aswell :wink:
Last edited by M1K3Y_B on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing! :lol:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mini_racer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:48 am

cheers mate, i just want to make my car a little bit more nippy thats all, its got a ok lil rar to it with a couple of holes in the airbox but thats as far as i've got really lol! i duno what else i can do??

Grant
mini_racer
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby M1K3Y_B on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:57 am

Be aware that your emission will go up without the cat and you will more than likely fail the MOT for not having one :oops:

I didn't bother with drilling the airbox, mines got a K&N bolt on filter like this instead, sounds wicked at full throttle :)

And i put a Peco back box on, its got a nice sound at lower revs, but at higher
revs the exhaust doesn't really make a noise as the engine takes over :rolleyes: :lol:

There isn't really alot you can do to a 1.1 unfortunately :(
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mini_racer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:11 am

i've been looking for 1 of them air filters but can't find one anywhere!!

and cheers for the pics mate gave me a good idea on what i could do with mine.

I'm thinking about sorting the suspension out aswell as it rolls alot in corners, but i duno how much to lower it by? i was thinking 60mm??

Grant
mini_racer
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby M1K3Y_B on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:21 am

Stick a post up in the parts wanted forum mate, i am sure someone will have one lying around thats how i got mine :)

No worries mate, got any pics of yours?

There are a few 1.1s/1.3s in the member gallery, have a look in there for more ideas :P

Mine is lowered -35mm on standard shocks which i think looks good, i wouldn't go -60mm on standard shocks as it not overly safe, if want -60mm get a full kit which consists of shocks and springs, the lowest i would go on standard shocks is -40mm. :wink:

Here are some pics to show the difference -35mm drop made on my car:

I used to drive around like this and think it looked ok :aaah:

And how it is currently :Q
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mini_racer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 am

yeah i'll get some pics when its cleans its covered in muck atm, and its not the icest of colours aswell lol, sky blue kinda colour!! but for £250 and when i got it it had 39k on the clock it ent that bad :P!

and are your rims 15s? cus i've got some 16s that were off my sisters old car i were thinking about putting on. Say i dropped it 40mm would they rub the arches with 16s? sorry for all questions only been driving 2 months haha
mini_racer
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby M1K3Y_B on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:31 am

mini_racer :yeah i'll get some pics when its cleans its covered in muck atm, and its not the icest of colours aswell lol, sky blue kinda colour!! but for £250 and when i got it it had 39k on the clock it ent that bad :P!

and are your rims 15s? cus i've got some 16s that were off my sisters old car i were thinking about putting on. Say i dropped it 40mm would they rub the arches with 16s? sorry for all questions only been driving 2 months haha

I know the colour, not the best but nowhere near the worst :P

39,000 miler for £250, that a very nice price?

My rims are 15s :)

What car did the 16s come off?

If you dropped it -40mm and had 195/45/16 tyres on the wheels, it shouldn't scrub too much, it might a little but it all depends on the offset of the wheels and what suspension your using, etc.

The only scubbing i have of scrubbing is on full lock, you'll have the same but just don't use full lock unless you have to solves that :P :lol:

Don't worry about asking all the question, you don't know until you ask, do you? :wink:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mini_racer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:35 am

yup got it cheap as it was my mums cousins that needed to get rid of it asap,

and they came off of a old shaped clio, all i know is they are 195/45/16.

and yeh that is true :P!!

Grant
mini_racer
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby M1K3Y_B on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am

The tyres size are the ones you want so that good, but are the wheels multifit ones, with 8 stud holes on them?

If not and only have 4 studs as the wheels having come off an old clio, they will be the wrong offset for your car. :(

The wheels will have the right stud pattern so they will go on your car, but due to the offset being ET15/16 and you would need it to be 35-39 for a Fiesta, means the wheels will stick out the arches, which could land you in problems with the old bill and an MOT failure, as your not allowed any rubber to be sticking out of the wheel arches :(

Have a look on the wheels and find out what the exact ET number is? It should be on the inside of the rim somewhere?
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby white diamond on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 pm

I am going to put a decat on my fez not sure how much difference it will make. Other users have told me on here that there isnt much we can do to the hcs engine. Ive now added a K&n and it sounds wicked along with my powerflow back box! :Q

Take a look at my car in the members gallery
old fords never die...............they just get faster!!!!!
white diamond
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby M1K3Y_B on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:07 pm

When you guys get it done, let me know if it was any different? :)
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby white diamond on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:41 pm

yes mate will do!
old fords never die...............they just get faster!!!!!
white diamond
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.