Differences between Zetec S Rear beam and FRST rear beam?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Differences between Zetec S Rear beam and FRST rear beam?

Postby AGAR on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:46 pm

As title really - what are the differences between the too - any pictures of either ones?

H196 JNE has advised me to fit 2 rear anti-roll bars to a FRST rear beam to stiffin the back up, im wondering if this can be done with a zetec s rear beam. Can a zetec s rear beam be fitted with an FRST ARB? Are two ARB's even neccessary with a zetec s beam?

Cheers
AGAR
Post Master
Post Master

Postby properphatboy on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:06 am

From what I gather the Zetec-S rear beam stiffens up the ride, but also gets rid of the jumpy-ness of the standard beam with ARB. Probably not as stiff as 2 ARB's, but better ride quality. I'm guessing it depends on what you use the car for as to which is the best option.
properphatboy
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Peugeot 306 D L

Postby KEVFRST on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:03 am

I use a ZS beam on mine, its thicker, wider and much stiffer, no need for the arb on there at all.

I always found the std rear was a bit skippy, or had a bit of a wander when pushing on, prefer the ZS much more.
KEVFRST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AGAR on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:34 am

Cheers guys :D

Z-S rear beam it is then - one final question:

Is the width of the FRST and ZS rear beams the same - i am worried that the ZS beam will effect my effective wheel offset.
AGAR
Post Master
Post Master

Postby properphatboy on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:15 pm

I think you're ok with drums on it, but the RS2000 rear disc conversion adds about 10mm each side I think.
properphatboy
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Peugeot 306 D L

Postby AGAR on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:17 pm

properphatboy :I think you're ok with drums on it, but the RS2000 rear disc conversion adds about 10mm each side I think.

Excellent - that is what ive heard before - i intend to keep the drums.
AGAR
Post Master
Post Master

Postby BLOGGY on Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:06 pm

You won't be able to use your Mk3 rear drums and back plates etc. You will have to get the rear beam with the Zetec-S back brakes attached, as the holes in the back plates were the hubs go through are a different spacing, and will not fit. I would recommend going to a Zetec-S rear beam though as mine is excellent!!
BLOGGY
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby AGAR on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:11 pm

BLOGGY :You won't be able to use your Mk3 rear drums and back plates etc. You will have to get the rear beam with the Zetec-S back brakes attached, as the holes in the back plates were the hubs go through are a different spacing, and will not fit. I would recommend going to a Zetec-S rear beam though as mine is excellent!!

Yes your correct - i'll be sourcing one with the drums on it.

Cheers
AGAR
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.