[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Does an induction kit mak any difference to a Si 16v : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Does an induction kit mak any difference to a Si 16v

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Does an induction kit mak any difference to a Si 16v

Postby badboy si on Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:43 pm

I heard that induction kits don't make a difference to a 1.6 Si but they hadn't tryed it themselves so anyone no?
badboy si
Poster
Poster

Postby zetec_si on Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:10 pm

I did it on mine and all it really did was make a noise however some people live dave106gti (who used to have an Si) had an induction kit and stainless steel exhaust system and I think he made more than 90BHP on the rollers, more like 96 but that could be a poor R/R for all I know.

Eventually you'll realise that there is no other way to go other than an engine change really. I eventually did.
Mk3.5 1.6 Si -> 2.0 Zetec Conversion - SOLD :(
MKIV Supra, S362 Billet Single Turbo (624.7HP/520ftlb) - http://www.youtube.com/user/MrG33kman
zetec_si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Near Bristol, Drives: Something with a 3.0 Straight Six.... oh yeah, and 2 turbos!!

Postby Mav Singh on Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:16 am

i got a k&n induction kit and it does make a difference. i noticed more torque throughout the entire rev range and the car revs more freely up to max rpm. im also using a magnex system which also help out.

one word of waring is that an induction kit is a big mistake on this car if ur a city driver. my si engine gets really hot and i think this is with all si's and the heat generated actually saps power cuz i can feel it is very hard to pull off the traffic lights from a stand still if the engine has heated up to its normal operating temperature. in the motorway its a good investment since it is a noticable increase in power.
im gonna research into this si engine a bit more i was chatting to a car mod center and the mechanic that works there said he done work on a si before and he did mods such as increasing the compression ratio by using a metal head gasket. he claimed that it increased power by 9bhp and added 13ftlb of torque after a rolling road. the si he tuned didn't even have any filter or exhaust mods.
ill see if i can get more info on this.

oh and his primary recomendation was to get a nitrous kit, he said it will work wonders... :o
1.6 si
Mav Singh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: 1995 Fiesta Si 1.6

Postby badboy si on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:10 am

does ur K&N make any noise diff [ERRR] i was lookin for it to do that as well as power increase? also is ur exhaust jus a straight through pipe and bk box, or did ya get a manifold and cat? thought bout puttin battery in boot for more room for the induction kit [ERRR] do ya reakon?
badboy si
Poster
Poster

Postby zetec_si on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:24 am

Since the Si is so restricted it doesnt really suck in a lot of air and the throttle body and small MAF really dampen any noise that the induction kit makes. The first mod I did to my 1.6 Si was to fit an induction kit and it does make a noise! While the car is on load and mid to high revs it makes quite a bit of noise actually but having said that, a 1.4 rover makes more noise through its induction kit! :rolleyes:
MKIV Supra, S362 Billet Single Turbo (624.7HP/520ftlb) - http://www.youtube.com/user/MrG33kman
zetec_si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Near Bristol, Drives: Something with a 3.0 Straight Six.... oh yeah, and 2 turbos!!

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:26 am

is it worth me getting a 1.8 MAF cos i have a RS1800 TB
My Bad!

Sorry
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby zetec_si on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:29 am

It may be a good idea as it is going to restrict much more than the RS1800 MAF as the 1.6 is a lot smaller. I can't tell you if the MAF sensor will give the ECU different values than the 1.6 one though but you could ask if you could quickly try it on your car as it takes 2 seconds to fit!
zetec_si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby MaXsteri on Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:49 pm

I wouldnt bother pissing around with MAF sensors on a 1.6. Talk to Jesus about it. He ran a 2.0 MAF for a while, to say it ran like s**t is an understatement :oooh:
MaXsteri
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TJ on Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:17 am

MaXsteri :I wouldnt bother pissing around with MAF sensors on a 1.6. Talk to Jesus about it. He ran a 2.0 MAF for a while, to say it ran like poo is an understatement :oooh:

pimsle @ Jesus!
TJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:14 am

MaXsteri :I wouldnt bother pissing around with MAF sensors on a 1.6. Talk to Jesus about it. He ran a 2.0 MAF for a while, to say it ran like poo is an understatement :oooh:

What he put a 2.0l MAF on a 1.6 :aaah: , cos my opion it would run bad. You have gone 2 steps to big from 1.6 to 2.0 instead of going 1.6 > 1.8 then 1.8 to 2.0
Last edited by Fiestasi-Andy on Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Bad!

Sorry
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby MaXsteri on Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:29 am

Fiestasi-Andy :What he put a 2.0l MAF on a 1.6

Thats what i said didnt i? :P
MaXsteri
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby zetec_si on Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:09 pm

Did it reall run that bad? The engine runs not too badly without any MAF sensor at all, just looses a lot of response and power in the higher revs. :-?
zetec_si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:15 pm

MaXsteri :
Fiestasi-Andy :What he put a 2.0l MAF on a 1.6

Thats what i said didnt i? :P

yes but my point was why he fitted a 2l MAF tp a 1.6??
My Bad!

Sorry
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby MaXsteri on Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:19 pm

Why? cause hes an idiot :lol: All that long hair has stopped the oxygen getting to his brain!
Also the 2.0 MAF sensor being free probably helped things as it didnt cost anything to test it out :) IIRC it ran better without a MAF than with the 2.0 one. Will have to talk to him tho as i cant remember
MaXsteri
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Mav Singh on Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:29 pm

yep the k&n definatley make a noise difference. i would say at the engine easily becomes louder than the exhaust. and its a magnex cat back system. the induction kit makes the engine roar and turns heads when u boot it down the street. make it sound as the engine is a lot more powerful than it actually is. :lol:
one note though when i have my window open and hit the 7k rpm mark i can actually hear i whine a bit like a turbo charger, thats probably the sound of the air being sucked in at high velocity through the filter. i hear that steel guage filters make more of a whine sound, cotton guage filters make more of a roar sound and foam im not to sure on the sound they produce.

im sure if i get a hold of a rs1800 throttle body i can get more sound effects out of the engine :lol:
Mav Singh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: 1995 Fiesta Si 1.6

Postby shawzy on Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:13 pm

got k&n on my si.
revs more freely all range. is noisy as f**k. supposed to be one of the noisiest of k&n's, along [ERRR] tug saxos. :lol:
the top end is a bit better like sum1 mentioned.
its worth gettin [ERRR] it does sound gud, drinks little bit more petty. :o
u want summat to increase bhp. do decat pipe. mint investment and suposed to be best for increasin bhp for the money. i wanna do it as soon as i hav $$$. :Q
shawzy
BANNED MEMBER

Postby Fez Si Boy on Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:01 pm

I have a story to tell, I went down to ford to buy a rs1800 throttle body only for them to say it would not fit as the part numbers are different. So I went round the garage section where the fix ford cars, I spoke to one of the engineers there about the rs1800 throttle would fit, they said well there was no point, [ERRR] you would have to uprate the injectors and everything, he just said get a performance exhaust to make it less restrictive. So does a rs1800 body really fit on the Si inlet manifold? and would you have to recalibrate the fuelling etc, [ERRR] im wondering if its all worth it? when you could get an exhaust to get abit of extra bhp?
Fez Si Boy
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.