Engine change

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Engine change

Postby smoov_fezzy on Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:19 am

hi y'all just asking what will be the best engine to swap for my 1.0L fiesta?? its a mk3 and im looking at either 1.6s or mk2 xr2 engines?? please help with info and what ill need to do to fit either of these.. im also looking at getting twins and fast cams or some other tuning items.. whats best there??..
thanks guys+gals.. any help thanked :D
Image...
smoov_fezzy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby pugeyed on Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:23 pm

would be pretty easy to swap yours for an xr2 engine as they are pretty much the same wouldent need to change much , although with an xr2 engine it would be classed as an xr so insurance would be higher , have to take that into consideration.
cheers mark.
pugeyed
Post Master
Post Master

Postby smoov_fezzy on Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:38 pm

ok.. so is a 1,6s harder to fit than an xr engine?? also.. ive heard that liverpool victoria are good with engine changes?? is thid=s true and how much they charge?
Image...
smoov_fezzy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby LeeB on Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:54 pm

A 1.6S is a late XR2 engine fitted to the mk3 fiesta. If you get one you should try and get an early XR2 carb to go on it (square top iirc) as they give you something like 6bhp.

I read somewhere that L&V only insure engine conversions if that model was made as standard ( ie they should insure a 1.6S into mk3 1.1 as the 1.6S was a mk3 too)

lee
LeeB
Post Master
Post Master

Postby smoov_fezzy on Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:58 pm

cheers mate.. so the engines are both the same with little differences in the mk3 1.6?.. cheers.. and help on what mods and bits i will need if i buy a doner car?
Image...
smoov_fezzy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby LeeB on Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:27 pm

Can't help with what parts you would need to swap over I'm afraid. It shouldn't be a problem if you buy a whole doner car and have them side by side though.

AFAIK the 1.6s used up the leftover engines from the XR2's. The early XR2's (C reg and before I think) had a better carb than the C reg onwards XR2's (and therefore 1.6s as well)

Try searching the forum on http://www.xrtwo.com as the mods on the xr2 engine will be the same as on the 1.6s engine. The engine will be like a rocket as standard compared to a 1.0 anyway :D 8)

lee
LeeB
Post Master
Post Master

Postby smoov_fezzy on Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:46 pm

lol thanks :D will be more than a rocket compared :lol:
Image...
smoov_fezzy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Stoned on Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:41 pm

The early XR2's (C reg and before I think) had a better carb than the C reg onwards XR2's

Are you sure it is better?

I mean yeah it produces another 6bhp but maybe they changed it for a good reason, like it was totally uneconomical for example?
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby LeeB on Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:33 pm

Stoned :
Are you sure it is better?

I mean yeah it produces another 6bhp but maybe they changed it for a good reason, like it was totally uneconomical for example?

I am just passing on the information that I have recieved on other forums when I was researching XR2's. The fuel consumption was never mentioned,just that the earlier carb was the better option.I believe the later carb was used on several different models,so I would suspect that cost was a major influence in the change.

lee
LeeB
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Daniel on Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:37 pm

Buy my 1.6s and use everything you like from it, :D
Daniel
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby df908 on Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:10 pm

Stoned :I mean yeah it produces another 6bhp but maybe they changed it for a good reason, like it was totally uneconomical for example?

Yeah but given the choice would you have

std carb
twin webbers

economy, power, economy, power...

:Q
Nige

'94 mondeo. Pass the mortgage, son.

Hmm... what... eh?
df908
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.