engine conversion on my xr2i cvh

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

engine conversion on my xr2i cvh

Postby 1428levi on Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:57 pm

hi im looking to upgrade my 1.6 to a 1.8 or 2litre but dunno what my best option is as ive been told i need to get turbo wire loom amongst loads of other parts can any 1 shed any light on what i need or [ERRR] will be my best option , can i not use my wire loom and stuff with a bigger engine ,
1428levi
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

engine

Postby MK4 Rick on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:19 pm

hi mate you need to decied weather you want to turbo the engine or not first before you talk about looms really.differant engines will give differant amounts of power and torque.how mad do you want to go, basic or over the top ,all depends on your budget as well.
MK4 Rick
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Mk5 Fiesta

Postby hb69 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:07 am

not 100% sure on what the question is here, you want to upgrade your engine, if your going for a zetec then theres not much point going for a 1.8, when a 2.0 will give you more power and is the same to fit as a 1.8. as for wiring im not too clued up on that, but the engine loom will need to be changed for a zetec one, as the 8v cvh wont work with a zetec :)
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby 1428levi on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:57 pm

erm not really too fussed if its a turbo or not prerhaps a non turbo wud be better but can i still get high bhp with out 1 , was looking at a silver top mondeo engine but it was the engine alone n this is were i get stuk, if i was to get tht [ERRR] else do i need, as would rather pay 1 1 big hit rather than go different places for different parts,
1428levi
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby 1428levi on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:58 pm

erm not really too fussed if its a turbo or not prerhaps a non turbo wud be better but can i still get high bhp with out 1 , was looking at a silver top mondeo engine but it was the engine alone n this is were i get stuk, if i was to get tht [ERRR] else do i need, as would rather pay 1 big hit rather than go different places for different parts then pay to get fitted.
1428levi
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby edders on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:42 pm

i can never remember the colour/phase links so ill just call it phase 2 (which i believe is silver top :rolleyes: )

anyway thats the easiest one to use IF you start with an si zetec wiring loom. you only need to use the turbo loom if your going turbo.

pm sent
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby 1428levi on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:03 pm

hi i have now put it in power engineering in uxbridge with a 2 litre 54 plate fiesta zetec engine wich came with drive shafts loom and few other bits wich cost me 450 and they say around 400 for all fitting to get it running is this a good price and is this a good engine , i hope so , thanks for youyr help aswell
1428levi
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.