Everything

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby Fiesta_S on Mon Jun 04, 2001 12:48 pm

hi there people sorry to bother you but i need the answers to these questions pretty quick if possible ok

1) ive just ordered a kent cam cvh22 and vernier pulley are these easy to fit or am i thinking best to leave to proffesionals and get it tuned after.

2) ported and polished head is this a worthwhile thing to do on my 1.6s will it make a difference

3) what is the best brake disc pad combo to go for i was thinking greenstuff pads but dont know about the discs?

4) what is the best set of leads and spark plugs should i go for

5) Does anybody do any hoses for a cvh engine as mine are looking a bit tacky now and could do with replacing

mmmmm thats about it for the moment anyway all your help is appreciated cheers ladz and gals
Fiesta_S
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Mon Jun 04, 2001 9:51 pm

Hello,
I thought i would answer a couple of your questions :smile:

1: Leave this to a proffesional, better safe than sorry :wink: unless you are skilled in mechanics. I'm not, but i have seen some rough DIY jobs done on cars :eek:

2: Getting the head ported and polished really helps a naturaly aspirated engine. It is worth getting done, especially as you are changing the cam.

3: I use greenstuff pads and their discs and find they cope very well, change your brake hoses at the same time for some s/s braided hoses and you will notice a good difference in your cars braking.

4: I use NGK R sparkplugs on my car with Magnecor leads. You will not get any performance gain from Sparkplugs and HT leads. I bought the Magnecor leads as they last longer than the Ford leads.

5: Samco will probably do hoses for your car, if you want different coloured hoses. Or just goto your local Ford dealer and get new ones :smile:

Hope this helps

cheers :smile:
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Andy_XR2i on Tue Jun 05, 2001 8:16 am

alright fiesta_s, did you get my PM last week or something, can't remember when I sent it!

About the brakes, I've got some greenstuff pads on mine and a couple of other extra bits, give us a bell and you can have a go, see what you think.

Andy.
Andy_XR2i
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Fiesta_S on Tue Jun 05, 2001 10:00 am

andy i never got your pm what did it say thought i saw you the other day near kwik fit turning up towards mapperly but by the time id realised id gone past you doh yeah that would be cool still got to meet up still havnt got your number so cant give you a bell send us a quick e-mail with it

cheers ste
Fiesta_S
Poster
Poster

Postby halfpint on Tue Jun 05, 2001 12:08 pm

the only question i can try and help with is the brakes one - i have greenstuff pads and ebc drilled and grooved discs and i highly recommend them - but give them a fair bit of time to bed in properly (bit longer than standard ones)
halfpint
Formerly XR2 Babe
Formerly XR2 Babe

Postby Fiesta_S on Tue Jun 05, 2001 1:33 pm

thanx fezzy turbo and xr2 babe seems quite a few people have this combination think thats what im gonna go for need to sort them out before my cam kit comes any body else have any suggestions
Fiesta_S
Poster
Poster

Postby Andy_XR2i on Tue Jun 05, 2001 5:34 pm

sent you a mail with it mate, how about some brakes off a larger ford? like an rs2000 or cosworth? quick trawl around the rsoc bb classifieds might throw something up.
Andy_XR2i
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.