[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Exhaust system : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Exhaust system

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Exhaust system

Postby dangermouse on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:27 pm

anyone know of a decent s/s exhaust system from the cat back, for RS1800 or similar? cos my magnex system is way too quiet and u cnt hear it, im after a tail pipe thats bigger than 3 inches.
i hav seen rs turbo exhausts on fiestas, 4 inch rolled out but hav no idea who sells them.
help!
RS1800 - Dangermouse is back!!!!! :-) VOTE DANGERMOUSE ft-calendar-voting-thread-get-voting-vt176334/
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Exhaust system

Postby xr2i 1.8 16v d.o.h.c on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:58 pm

magnex exhaust systems you have a choice between a 3" or 4" tail pipe dont ya ? i know what u mean though u want a beefy sounding exhaust lol... just look for a universal 6" or 8" big bore and connect it straight to ur magnex cat back..
tha bizz.
xr2i 1.8 16v d.o.h.c
Poster
Poster

Postby dangermouse on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm

6" or 8" haha that wud sound awesome. well it only [ERRR] i already got the system on it, so i did think about gettin the 4" but i doubt it wud sound much louder. u think if i remove the centre box it wud make it sound louder without affectin the emissions?
RS1800 - Dangermouse is back!!!!! :-) VOTE DANGERMOUSE ft-calendar-voting-thread-get-voting-vt176334/
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby xr2i 1.8 16v d.o.h.c on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm

well i bought a magnex (cat bypass) and u feel the improvement straight away .. because the original cat on a car restricts quite alot.. i dnt think it made much diff to the noise on my exhaust really..but when going for m.o.t. u must have a original cat on... its legal to have a cat bypass [ERRR] i rang the company up and they said its road legal but just wont pass a m.o,t with it on so im assuming it will effect the emissions a bit ...but who cares it improves ur car performance lol >> cat bypass direct replacement >> http://www.rimstyle.com/pages/products/ ... s;model=30
tha bizz.
xr2i 1.8 16v d.o.h.c
Poster
Poster

Postby dangermouse on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:24 pm

really, u think its a big gain?
wot about the box after the cat? because my dads mate could make me a custom exhaust system obviously for a bit of dollar but i wondered if it make it louder and pass the m.o.t?
wot mods you done to your fez?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby fiend on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:35 pm

You could remove the middle silencer, just before the back box.. it would obviously make it louder.

I have a magnex cat-back 3 1/2 tail pipe, and its pretty loud.. wouldnt want anything louder really, without sounding like a chavved up piece of crap.
fiend
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:38 am

yea thats wot i got, but for sum reason its really quiet. plus my tail pipe (in my opinion) looks too small for the back of my car, do magnex just sell a 4 inch back box? rather than havin to buy a system or something? i wudnt mind a 4inch rolled out exhaust, similar to the fez rst
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby RS1800pec on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:34 am

Id stick with your magnex there a good quality exhaust system. You can buy just the magnex 4" back box from magnex or have a look on ebay. Decat and 4-2-1 manifold it if you want a bit more grunt
RS1800pec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:41 am

where du think i could get the manifold from? apart from ashley
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby donk1 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:49 pm

if you take a box out of it it could lose power as n/a engine requires some back pressure
17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 , 57I K&N , GGR Cat Back
donk1
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hb69 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:50 pm

if you want more noise buy an ashley exhaust. dont expect the same quality as magnex though.
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby Andyfloss03 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:39 am

fiend :without sounding like a chavved up piece of crap.

urmm thst probably my car as it stands haha :) went to the garage took out cat and put a straight through pipe to the back box which is 3 and a half inch.

its loud...very loud....urmm yer haha...pops and stuff when slowing down...spits some flames on the limiter.. i might silence it a tad though..as neighbours dont agree that it sounds good :D
Andyfloss03
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 am

thats what i thought, it assumed id lose some power.
yeah i know ashley arent the best quality as the tail pipe is the only s/s part of it, and my mates is rusting quicker than i thought, also its rattling inside the box.

i spoke to ian howell at area 6/fiesta frenzy he said he could make me a tubular manifold for a fee, would it be worth it?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby donk1 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:37 pm

all depends on the price
17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 , 57I K&N , GGR Cat Back
donk1
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby dangermouse on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:33 pm

350 odd quid? :-?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby happypaul on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:15 pm

I have ashley manifold onto a mangnex with 3 inch tail pipe and thats loud.

Any louder then you sound like an annoying chive.
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:35 am

My old 2i ran an Ashley 4-2-1 that then had a costly custom system built to it (not your cheap and shonky PowerFlow tat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQEYa7e-mhc

Not many clips of it unfortunately as it written off not long after the clip was shot. :(

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:19 pm

does the ashley fit strate onto my magnex system then? on my manifold i got some sort of plugs going into each port, will they b removed with the ashley manifold on? also what are they for?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby happypaul on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:30 pm

dangermouse :does the ashley fit strate onto my magnex system then? on my manifold i got some sort of plugs going into each port, will they b removed with the ashley manifold on? also what are they for?

The ashley manifold on my RS1800 needed another inch or so of pipe to connect up to my Magnex cat-back stainless.

The plugs you are talking about is the EGR (exhaust gas recirulation) system.. the ashley manifold gets rid of this expensive peice to replace new of kit.
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:28 pm

if the ashley gets rid of this will my car run funny? because i see it is, there is a reason why they put it there lol. or is it just pointless?
did you make the pipe yourself or does it come with the kit?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby happypaul on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:00 pm

dangermouse :if the ashley gets rid of this will my car run funny? because i see it is, there is a reason why they put it there lol. or is it just pointless?
did you make the pipe yourself or does it come with the kit?

people see no difference in removing the EGR. people remove it from the standard cast manifold anyway, it causes more hassle than good if it goes faulty anyway ;)

Yeah we just used some extra pipe we had around the yard and welded it on to the exhaust, you could just clamp it. Or it wouldnt cost loads for an exhaust fitting place to do it for you :)
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ollybee on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:14 pm

happypaul :Yeah we just used some extra pipe we had around the yard and welded it on to the exhaust, you could just clamp it. Or it wouldnt cost loads for an exhaust fitting place to do it for you :)

Are you taking the piss?!

It cost a fiver from Ford for the proper stuff. I believe they are Transit gearbox oil filling plugs and copper washers. All detailed in the guides section.
Those that can, do; and those that can't, talk about it.
YRN Thread - yrn-vt151433/
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=869385470
Ollybee
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Focus Titanium & Fiesta ST

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Quartz

Postby hb69 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:03 pm

Ollybee :
happypaul :Yeah we just used some extra pipe we had around the yard and welded it on to the exhaust, you could just clamp it. Or it wouldnt cost loads for an exhaust fitting place to do it for you :)

It cost a fiver from Ford for the proper stuff. I believe they are Transit gearbox oil filling plugs and copper washers. All detailed in the guides section.

I think Paul is talking about fitting the ashley manifold to his existing exhaust, not blanking the EGR.HTH
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby happypaul on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 pm

hb69 :
Ollybee :

I think Paul is talking about fitting the ashley manifold to his existing exhaust, not blanking the EGR.HTH

That is correct, I was talking about the fitting of the exhaust in that section :)

Yeah I know, the EGR is about 5 quids worth of parts from ford to remove if you are keeping the standard manifold.. :)
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ollybee on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Well I shall f**k off and shut up then. :rolleyes:
Those that can, do; and those that can't, talk about it.
YRN Thread - yrn-vt151433/
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=869385470
Ollybee
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Focus Titanium & Fiesta ST

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Quartz

Postby happypaul on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 pm

Ollybee :Well I shall fouquette off and shut up then. :rolleyes:

:lol:
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:57 pm

so after all that, is it worth me blanking it regardless of wether i fit the ahsley manifold? lol
is there much gain after fitting the ashley manifold?
but yeah i can get hold of some exhaust pipe from my dads mate. would a high flow cat be worth investing in?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hb69 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:06 pm

yes, id say its worth blanking off the EGR, i felt an improvement in the responisveness of the engine when i got rid of mine
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby happypaul on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:24 pm

get rid of the EGR if keeping the standard manifold.

my ashley manifold gave me abit more torque, and more sound.

I personally wouldnt bother with a sports cat.. but to keep it "legal" they are a good option
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:01 am

well for the moment the standard manifold is staying on, what was the part i needed from ford?
but i will b fitting the ashley, i considered the heat wrap or some of that paint that keeps the heat in, but ive heard this can crack the ahsley manifold, is it true?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby happypaul on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 am

dangermouse :well for the moment the standard manifold is staying on, what was the part i needed from ford?
but i will b fitting the ashley, i considered the heat wrap or some of that paint that keeps the heat in, but ive heard this can crack the ahsley manifold, is it true?

no idea on the cracking issue.

look in the guides section for removal of the EGR system, gives you the part numbers for the bits from ford, its basically 4 bolts and washers
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:31 pm

cheers happypaul
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hb69 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:10 pm

happypaul :
dangermouse :well for the moment the standard manifold is staying on, what was the part i needed from ford?

no idea on the cracking issue.

The ashley manifold i used to have cracked on one of the welds, nearly all the way round :( It was about a year old by then
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangermouse on Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 am

oh well they sound like value for money, they arent s/s are they, just mild steel. so they arent going to last long surely?
dangermouse
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby happypaul on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:05 am

mines coming off over summer anyway for my engine change :Q
happypaul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.