FAO Anyone who has fitted an xr2 k&n to a 1.1cfi

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

FAO Anyone who has fitted an xr2 k&n to a 1.1cfi

Postby dr_blackman on Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:43 am

I had ago this morning, inserted the tubes into the k&n, the oil cap hose and the hose that usually goes into the air filter at the bottem (drilled holes in base plate and pushed them through).

When i started her the revs rised very high like she was over reving etc.

I don't have a rev counter so couldn't tell you how much, so i reved her thinking oh she will settle down if i knock the auto choke off and she was still reving a lot and smoking i think more than usuall from the exhaust :( :-?

Does it do this to yours?

Any advice is appreciated :)

I have put my original airfilter on for now.

Cheers,

Dave.
7 Years and on my 5th Car, Fiesta 1.1i, Saxo VTR 98bhp, Bmw 318is Coupe,C2 VTS and now a 1998 Toyota Supra ;)
dr_blackman
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dr_blackman on Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:04 pm

Does your k&n make your engine rev harder?

Should i not have put both the pipes in?

:-?

I was thinking maybe it may settle down after a quick drive so that the silly management system alters its setting maybe :-?

Some one must no?

Dave.
7 Years and on my 5th Car, Fiesta 1.1i, Saxo VTR 98bhp, Bmw 318is Coupe,C2 VTS and now a 1998 Toyota Supra ;)
dr_blackman
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:49 pm

think that you have not blocked the vacume pipe off!

the hose that came with the filter is the crankcase breater - oil breather from top left of engine. the other hose should have a bolt put in it to plug it!

Forgot to put a piece of paper with distructions in!

Sorry!

James

PS - glad that u got it today, woman thought that it would have been monday/tuesday when iposted it yesterday!
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby DorsetZS on Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:36 pm

I didnt block anything off on mine just cut a hole in the bottom for the 1 plastic pipe, where the two rubber ones run into it, breather and vacuum i think ? I had to mount it at 45 degrees as I couldnt get the pipes to pull around far enough, but no probs at all, and sounds very nice !! I'm not sure if it makes any difference between, cfi (mine) and others with manuel choke for example ??

If that helps ??

Dan
DorsetZS
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby pugeyed on Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:38 pm

the oil braether pipe that comes from the rocker cover should be inserted
into the bottom of the base plate with a hole in it (hopefully u have done this)
sounds as if xrsi is right and u havent blocked the vacuum pipe off , this pipe suckis in a lot of air so try and shove a large screw in it or somethin
and see if she setles downif not ask again and im sure someone will know
hope this has helped?
cheers
mark.
pugeyed
Post Master
Post Master

Postby dr_blackman on Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:28 pm

I think its got to be something like that, i will investigate further during the week :)

:lol: @ xrsi - the post office, cheers for that m8 :)

I'll let you lot no my developments, even with my car over reving she still sounded a hell of a lot meaner under there :D

Cheers for all input,

Dave.
dr_blackman
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:19 pm

u like the way it was packed?? was in a real rush!!

Just making sure u fitted teh rest of it right now!

U undid the top of the filter and then undid the top of the carb bolts one at a time right then with one of them off put one of the L brackets on the bolt and did up again - repeating for each!

Next - fit oil breater using the 90deg elbow that the filter came with - in the hole that is there!

hope u didnt drill more holes as they arent needed!

then the other pipe just needs the bolt in to make it work!!

hth's

James
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby dr_blackman on Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:14 pm

All done now James thanks :)

Sounds loverly when i put my foot down, well please :D

LOL the packageing was great my mum said you have a performance filter thats come through the post, but she said you don't have a turbo as thats what stated on the box :lol:

Cheers again and nice doing business with you,

Dave.
dr_blackman
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.