faster 1.1

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby chicken83 on Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:56 pm

not meaning to sound a fool, but can you get racing cams for 1.1 lx, and if u can do they make a lot of difference to the performance of the car, i already have a bolt on filter and exhaust. and is there anything else that will improve its performance????
chicken83
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:49 pm

You will get a cam for your car....but....do not expect huge power increases.

Is your car Efi ? or carb ?
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Silver2iReplica on Wed Mar 20, 2002 11:20 pm

yeah u can get cams for it, they make a slight difference, not really worth the hassle, i own a 1.1 and trust me, if u wanna have a fast car, get another engine, 1.3's are identical and can be put in very easily, put 1 of them in and u will feel the difference, then u can stick a cam in that and it would be worth it, 1.1's are just 4 show with no go, excellent for the insurance man, but 'fuckin 's**t for racing. just waitin 4 next year then with my NCB i can insure a 2i.
Silver2iReplica
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Project on Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:09 am

The engine has to come out to change the cam - you might as well just swap it for a 1.3 and an XR2 carb :wink:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby chicken83 on Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:57 am

think i will just wait till my insurance gets a bit cheaper, (its £1200 on a 1.1 lx, third party) and get a bigger engine then, is it expensive to get ur engine changed, is it easy to get rs turbo engines put in
chicken83
Poster
Poster

Postby festajon on Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:01 am

Yeah it's easy to PUT THEM IN. Try wiring it all up and gettin it to work tho along with the rest of the gubbins needed, like brakes suspension is a different matter. U basically need the whole lot from a FRST
I gotta 1.1 too and really am in a dillema as to what to do next. I got the money for a new car, but i spent too much on this one. If i get a new engine i think i will get bored too quickly unless it's a turbo :grin:
what do i do! :aaah: best to get a different engine mate :wink:
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiestastyle on Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:10 am

Jon, if you have the dolla i'd sell yours off and buy a FRST... Save nobbin about with engine swaps...

I'll buy your clears off ya :wink: :grin:
fiestastyle
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.