[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
fed up of the tappet machine!! : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

fed up of the tappet machine!!

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

fed up of the tappet machine!!

Postby chris-fiesta on Mon May 02, 2005 8:02 pm

i hate my 1.3 tappet engine and im badly wantin an engine conversion, the engine i want is a 2.0l zetec out of a mondeo as if im gonna drop a new lump in it mite aswel be a biggen but if i cant because of the insurance the i mite go for the 1.6 lump from the si!! but i wanned to know who can slot it in for me in the london area and how much it will set me back?

any help is big help!

cheers :wink:
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fed up of the tappet machine!!

Postby bowdenj on Wed May 04, 2005 12:58 pm

cek_mk3 :i hate my 1.3 tappet engine and im badly wantin an engine conversion, the engine i want is a 2.0l zetec out of a mondeo as if im gonna drop a new lump in it mite aswel be a biggen but if i cant because of the insurance the i mite go for the 1.6 lump from the si!! but i wanned to know who can slot it in for me in the london area and how much it will set me back?

any help is big help!

cheers :wink:

It would be cheaper and quicker to sell yours and buy a real Si

John
Audi quattro turbo
bowdenj
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby chris-fiesta on Wed May 04, 2005 5:52 pm

well ive decided to go for a 2.0l zetec instead dude :wink:
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby choc on Mon May 09, 2005 11:52 pm

cek_mk3 :well ive decided to go for a 2.0l zetec instead dude :wink:

Iv been tempted to try and get a mondeo engine in my si, but it would be sooo much easier just to sell your car and get an RST or something because you're probably gonna have 2 change absolutely everything under the bonnet to get it working safely, plus the insurance is likely to sting you more if u change the engine, but thats my opinion :bonkers:
choc
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby krsi on Tue May 10, 2005 2:32 pm

choc :
cek_mk3 :well ive decided to go for a 2.0l zetec instead dude :wink:

Iv been tempted to try and get a mondeo engine in my si, but it would be sooo much easier just to sell your car and get an RST or something because you're probably gonna have 2 change absolutely everything under the bonnet to get it working safely, plus the insurance is likely to sting you more if u change the engine, but thats my opinion :bonkers:

Have you actually read what needs to be done to convert a 1.6 16v Si to a 2.0L? Its actually a no brainer really and it will be as safe as the original engine.

Part that need to be changed:

Engine
Water pump (from the 1.6 engine)
Oil pump (from the 1.6 engine)
Sump (from the 1.6 engine)
Clutch (from the 1.6 engine)
Flywheel (from the 1.6 engine)
2.0 MAF Sensor
ECU (Usually DEEP type)
Throttle Body (either a modyfied 2.0 item or 130 spec Zetec)

HTH :)
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby krsi on Wed May 11, 2005 12:21 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about the oil pick-up pipe and sump off the 1.6 zetec E lump. :wink:
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby chris-fiesta on Wed May 11, 2005 1:07 pm

mines a 1.3 hcs tho m8!!
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby SantaHul on Wed May 11, 2005 1:24 pm

dont bother with hcs to zetec, i hear its a right b!tch. as said before, easiest to buy an si, then stick a 2.0 in. aint all bad, si's are generally the best fiestas to drive, with their power steering and all, and far more reliable than the rst
Tip of the month: Don't put your new iPod Nano in the washing machine :cry:
Been gone for 6 months, did anybody even notice?
SantaHul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: The top of the food chain (and Derby) Drives: Fiesta Si 16v & Mini Cooper

Postby chris-fiesta on Wed May 11, 2005 2:36 pm

thing is my fiesta has basically the same spec as an si, with power steering electric windows and stuff so i dnt really want to get rid of it!!
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby DaveMCMkIII on Wed May 11, 2005 3:50 pm

SantaHul :dont bother with hcs to zetec, i hear its a right b!tch.

:D

cek - you do what you want, have a word to xfactor for prices, then if you got the money for what you want, go do it, its your car
DaveMCMkIII
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby chris-fiesta on Wed May 11, 2005 4:00 pm

lol true, i no it can be dun as i know for certain that im not the first so it doesnt really botherme!! i jus dnt see the point of me sellin my fez to get an si!!
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby SantaHul on Wed May 11, 2005 8:02 pm

i dont blame you for wanting to keep your current fez, we all get attached to our cars, you dont need to make excuses :bonkers: :wink:

maybe you could get a clapped out si, and steal bits from it then break the rest, probably cheaper and easier than getting bits individually
Tip of the month: Don't put your new iPod Nano in the washing machine :cry:
Been gone for 6 months, did anybody even notice?
SantaHul
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: The top of the food chain (and Derby) Drives: Fiesta Si 16v & Mini Cooper

Postby chris-fiesta on Wed May 11, 2005 9:43 pm

SantaHul :i dont blame you for wanting to keep your current fez, we all get attached to our cars, you dont need to make excuses :bonkers: :wink:

maybe you could get a clapped out si, and steal bits from it then break the rest, probably cheaper and easier than getting bits individually

:lol: well ill admit it now m8 i cant let it go and i no its been dun so even if it is alot of wrk, i dnt mind :aviator:
chris-fiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.