[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Fez 1.6S : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Fez 1.6S

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Fez 1.6S

Postby matt_fiesta1.6S on Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:42 pm

What mods can i do on a fairly cheep budget to inprove the performance of my fez? Ive already got a filter and exhaust.

Or would it be better to put a turbo engine in. Also how do u recon it would afect my insurense as im only 17!!

Cheers Matt

It's painted now! wow!
matt_fiesta1.6S
Poster
Poster

Re: Fez 1.6S

Postby rs125 on Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:47 pm

matt_fiesta1.6S :
Or would it be better to put a turbo engine in. Also how do u recon it would afect my insurense as im only 17!!

Cheers Matt

They would screw you basically mate..

Go for a decent cam and get it tuned on a rolling road..
rs125
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:08 pm

theres no cheap way of tuning a car im affraid!
and U DONT want a FRST lump in there as u probably wont like it it a lot older engine and will cost u a bomb!
if u want to tune then ur best of droping a 2.0 zetec lump in! Phil Si did it and has hardley upgrade anything else :D but ur lucky ur not getting arse raped on the insurance for ur 1.6 so u gonna have to wait at least till 18 :oooh:
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby rs125 on Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:10 pm

[quote="FezzR BOY"]theres no cheap way of tuning a car im affraid!
and U DONT want a FRST lump in there as u probably wont like it it a lot older engine and will cost u a bomb!
quote]

Why is it a lot older its a 1.6s not si. :)
rs125
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:32 pm

spank me with a wet fish and call me freddy sorry chaps im far to tired!
even still insurance will rape u! :D
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby Canwell on Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:15 am

insurance dont have to rape ya!

i'm 17 with a 112bhp fez costing me £550 a year!!! (but dont tell CIS about the twin 40's!)

matt: u wanna find urself a pre '87 XR2 and get the carb off it - that will give ya another 6 bhp. then find an XR2i and get the exhaust manifold and downpipe - that should give u around 3 bhp.

aint much - but means ur getting around 100bhp and shouldnt cost ya too much.
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby matt_fiesta1.6S on Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:01 pm

What the fu*k canwell, ur paying £550 a year that cant be ur own policy?

Also I got a turbo techniques lump what would i need to tell the insurence about this 1?

It's painted now! wow!
matt_fiesta1.6S
Poster
Poster

Postby Canwell on Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:18 pm

nah its on my dads name, but i still get NCB so its worth it. so will only be about £450 next year.

insurance companys rip u off for cars with non standard engines - especially if they are turbo-charged!
to be honest i think it would be cheaper to insure a FRST, but i'm not totally sure - u should fone sum companys up and get a few quotes.

u can get away with doing a couple of things without the insurance knowing - but if u write the car off or get it nicked it wont be a 5 min job to rip out ur TT engine and replace it with the standard 1.

Rich
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Choosey on Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:05 pm

you can't get no claims bonus when its not ure policy u numpty :rolleyes:
Choosey
If only I had an RS1800....
If only I had an RS1800....

Your car: 2021 Jeep Wrangler

Postby Canwell on Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:19 pm

Choosey :you can't get no claims bonus when its not ure policy u numpty :rolleyes:

how many people say this? it really does annoy me :x

NCB is put onto the policy so as i continue each year it gains NCB. and it will get 25%NCB at the end of the year - this policy can be moved onto a different company if needed.

u need to understand that people dont get NCB the policy does.

ok, numpty?
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby E$cobar on Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:15 pm

so u saying u get ur NCB when u get your own insurance ????

E$cobar
"Don't get up gentlemen, I'm only
passing through...."
E$cobar
Post Master
Post Master

Postby rs125 on Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:52 pm

Canwell :
Choosey :you can't get no claims bonus when its not ure policy u numpty :rolleyes:

how many people say this? it really does annoy me :x

NCB is put onto the policy so as i continue each year it gains NCB. and it will get 25%NCB at the end of the year - this policy can be moved onto a different company if needed.

u need to understand that people dont get NCB the policy does.

ok, numpty?

Sorry but i disagree - so your saying - I could use my mates policy (he has 6 years no claims) to insure my car and still i get the no claims ??

Its the policy holder who gets the NCB not the policy - otherwise there would be a blackmarket in insurance policys with full no claim discounts !

I can see it now -

For sale,
5 years no claim insurane policy,
£100.
rs125
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Canwell on Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: fudgekin hilarious lads!!! :rolleyes:

i was mearly pointing out that the policy (thats in my dads name) gets NCB if i dont claim, meaning that next year the price will be cheaper due to the NCB. so i have to pay less. so effectively i get NCB.
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Canwell on Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:52 pm

rs125 :I could use my mates policy (he has 6 years no claims) to insure my car and still i get the no claims

u could do, if u could get the insurance company to change the name of the policy holder, but meaning that ur mate would have no NCB and no insurance, so ur mate would have to start all over again on a new policy which will cost him loads.

Rich
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rs125 on Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:04 pm

Canwell :
rs125 :I could use my mates policy (he has 6 years no claims) to insure my car and still i get the no claims

u could do, if u could get the insurance company to change the name of the policy holder, but meaning that ur mate would have no NCB and no insurance, so ur mate would have to start all over again on a new policy which will cost him loads.

Rich

Of course you can't- thats like me ringing my insurance and saying to them id like to give my 3 years no claims bonus to you ..

I could however for example get put on his insurance but thats totaly diferent to him GIVING me his no claims bonus !!
rs125
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Canwell on Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:25 pm

Canwell :if u could get the insurance company

i doubt u could do it, but i dunno u would have to talk to ur insurance company.
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:23 am

The only reason i was payin just shy of a grand on my 1.1 when i was 18 was to build up my NCB!!!am glad now as i know people that thought at the time, 'yeah i'll get put on my dads insurance £400 extra....' and now they want ERST's, sunny GTiRs etc and noone will touch em cos they have no NCB, and daddy doesnt want to know about addin a group 15+ car to his policy so they're up poo creek! At the same time though i had a crash after 11 months so my plan went t!ts up :lol: have got 2 years though now and just under a grand i could get insured on a FRST for fully comp... :D :D That's got me thinking again now.. I WANT one!!
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Canwell on Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:11 pm

its swings and roundabouts really.

jon mate u should have protected ur NCB, thats wot women always do - so it dont matter how many times u claim u still have NCB - the price will still be high tho cus u have claimed.
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby matt_fiesta1.6S on Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:31 pm

u cant protect ur no claims bonus until its about 4 years. How much you think a pre 87 2i carb would cost then?

It's painted now! wow!
matt_fiesta1.6S
Poster
Poster

Postby rs125 on Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:04 pm

matt_fiesta1.6S :u cant protect ur no claims bonus until its about 4 years. How much you think a pre 87 2i carb would cost then?

pre 87 2i carb ???? lol---- i take it you mean xr2/xr3 carb (mechanical not vacum second buterfly ??) - i paid £30 for one and got the manifold also..
rs125
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.