Fiesta 1.6s - what to do?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Fiesta 1.6s - what to do?

Postby dazmanultra on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:35 pm

I've got a G-reg Fiesta 1.6s... when i first got it i thought "yes, very nippy", but now i'm thinking I WANT MORE!

So at the moment it's standard apart from a few aestetic mods... what should i be looking at doing to improve the performance.

I was thinkin a performance cam, new exhaust, new brakes... anything else? Can anyone recommend specific models and estimated power gains?

I have about £1000 to spend and it's burning a whole in my pocket...
dazmanultra
Poster
Poster

Postby Stoned on Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:27 am

Get an old XR2 carb

They gives 96bhp instead of 90bhp

Or for a cheaper mod get a decent exahust, a bolt on air filter and get the car tuned up with new leads and sparks then get it on a rolling road and that should see you with some more power.
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dazmanultra on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:34 pm

Thinkin of doing an RS turbo engine conversion and all the stuff that goes with that and then getting a phase 1 superchip.... what do u think?
dazmanultra
Poster
Poster

Postby Stoned on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:45 pm

It's a lot of hassle

You would have to get everything swapped across including the loom, and all the electrics cos your's is a carb engine and RST is EFI

Bottom line is it aint worth it. What you have can be made to kick out loads of power with the right mods.
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TJ on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:58 pm

NA power.
TJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Billy C on Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:07 pm

Out it and get an RS turbo, then you'll see better BHP per £'s.

If you did tune the 1.6s you'll notice a little increase in performance but i think you'd be disappointed due to the money spent. Cams and all that would work out pretty much the same.
With an RS chip it and you'll notice straight away and thats money well spent, plus you get recaro's, the whole package basically.

Thats my thought anyway :Q
Billy C
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Stoned on Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:35 pm

Yeah but he wont get a good one for under 2k
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Billy C on Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:59 pm

Bummer :cry:

I'd save the money then, I don't think its worth spending the money on an engine that only goes slighty faster.

Try and spend more time on getting it looking mint first and then once you're happy with the mechanics of the car then decide whether to spend the Dough. This way if you're happy with your motor it'll be woth it.

Thats what I did when I first got my motor.
Billy C
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.