Fiesta Ghia 1.6, Turbo it?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Fiesta Ghia 1.6, Turbo it?

Postby REDDEATH on Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:55 pm

hello there guys & girls,
I have a mk5 Fista Ghia 1.6 2001 and I am looking to turbo it up, I am woundering :-? where i can get a turbo kit from.

This is my plan for the car
1. Keep it as standard looking as possible.
2. Turbo it up
3. Dump Valve (who wants turbo lag in a race?)
4. Tint window ( more for personal reasons than look)(plus cuz will tint cheap for me)
5. better ICE

mite not keep it standard looking because my cuz also does wrapping and I think that a Reaper with syth dripping in blood would look wickid on the bonnet :D

tell me what you think and let me know if you know of any where i can get a 1.6 zetec SE turbo please
REDDEATH
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Manic on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:27 am

its not as easy as people think to turbo a car, i suggest you get the parts off a fiesta rs turbo where you should be able to find on the net or possibly ebay, dont forget about the manifold, oli lines, silicone hoses, ecu, injectors and fuel pump, its not just the case of buying a turbo.

bailey or hks dump valve recommended, not completely nessiary for a small turbo but it saves the pressure level and turbo life, but i think your after the noise. :aviator:

so your plan sounds good yea, but cash and planning needed, plus dont put that decal on the bonnet plz :lol:
Manic
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby j7aoc on Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:32 pm

Where do i start well fiesta rs turbo engine will fit in any mark 3 fiesta with ease and in mark 2 fiesta with not to much trouble but it will take some one that know what they are doing to get it in mark 5 and you can't use some of the parts of a rs turbo and some of the mark 5 1.6 even with an xr2i 1.6 it's not a case of just straping on the turbo and intercooler. There are place's that will turbo you car using new parts think there is a kit but it was £1500 when i heard last plus fitting with kit's like this there low boost kit's as the pistons won't like to much boost
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby XRMike on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:23 pm

there is a company called van-alken or sommin similar to that, they turbocharge mk5 fiestas so im sure they can do yours :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby REDDEATH on Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:43 pm

Who said any thing about moving the whole engine you dont need to you just take parts of the engine. like the turbo the manafold and stuff like that as the guy abovesaid.
DEATH is with in the power of the Reaper, but finding joy in death and finding the most bloodyest way is an angels job...REDDEATH
REDDEATH
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby j7aoc on Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:58 pm

REDDEATH :Who said any thing about moving the whole engine you dont need to you just take parts of the engine. like the turbo the manafold and stuff like that as the guy abovesaid.

It's far more complex than just bolting the turbo on. You will need parts like exhaust manifold, exhaust, intercooler, radiator, management. After you have all the bits you will then need to have the head machined to allow you to bolt the FRST exhaust manifold on to it and the compression would need lowering. After it's all together you will then need to have it mapped (which costs ).
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby frstlad on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:01 pm

y not just use a rst engine, surly its not that hard to get someone to make up some engine mounts for it, then its all done then
frstlad
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: fiestas

Postby Stoned on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:15 pm

It would almost be worth reading the official FT.com guide!

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/articles/zetecturbo

Although one of the first things it says is dont bother with the 1.6 :lol:
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby REDDEATH on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:40 pm

I'm only 18 the insurence on any thing bigger would cost to much i couldn't afford it, not to mention the car was 6000 any ways its near enough new it had 24000 on the clock when i got it and its a 51 plate
oh and it being a ghia, put the insurence up more too. so erm, ya maybe in a few years ill get bigger but for now ill keep to what i can afford
DEATH is with in the power of the Reaper, but finding joy in death and finding the most bloodyest way is an angels job...REDDEATH
REDDEATH
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Pez on Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:12 pm

If you're only 18, you might as well you might as well forget about a turbo. Chances are it'll cost you more to insure that then a genuine Fiesta RS Turbo. Save your pennies and look after the car, in a few years time if you still want to go for it, do it. insurance should be more reasonable then.
Pez
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby REDDEATH on Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:03 pm

Thank you all for your advise, I will be taking it all in to consideration. Thak you yet again :)
REDDEATH
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.