fiesta hubs

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

fiesta hubs

Postby fastford on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:31 pm

hi there does anyone know the difference between hubs and bottom arms on fiesta mk3s and 3.5s i think the difference may be something to do with power steering but im not sure, all i know is i replaced the hub on my si because the bolt that holds the shock snapped but i replaced it with an xr2i 16v hub and it wont let the ball joint go in enough to get the pinch bolt thru
fastford
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: fiesta hubs

Postby rob pace on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:45 pm

fastford :hi there does anyone know the difference between hubs and bottom arms on fiesta mk3s and 3.5s i think the difference may be something to do with power steering but im not sure, all i know is i replaced the hub on my si because the bolt that holds the shock snapped but i replaced it with an xr2i 16v hub and it wont let the ball joint go in enough to get the pinch bolt thru

as far as i know the bottom arms are the same, ive found if there not genuine arms there a pig to get the ball joint in.

as far as hubs i think the mk3.5 one if bigger opening for the shock and mk3 is smaller opening but dont quote me on that.
rob pace
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ianFRST on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:48 pm

splines are different. so mk3 driveshafts wont fit mk3.5 hubs
No longer a FRST owner, or even a Fiesta owner :(
ianFRST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Excursion on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:54 pm

The follwing are larger on the Mk3.5:

Suspension strut
Lower arm ball joint
Track rod ends
Wheel bearing & CV joint splines
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Postby fastford on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:56 pm

i was told that the arms were different and when you buy them they are listed for different models as different parts but i think the main difference may be to do with power steering. is there any advantages to running either mk3 hubs or 3.5 hubs? ive got a few mk3s but im rebuilding an si? i have xr2i lowering springs and shocks wanted to use them with si and i have loads of mk3 drive shafts. And only 1 good mk3.5 hub so will possibly need to change lower arms to run mk3 hubs????? im confused as fcuk as to what to do now
fastford
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby fastford on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:58 pm

does that make me better off running 3.5 stuff then? just to confuse things more whats the advantage of fiesta diesel hubs and shafts? stronger? heavier duty bearing? are these the same as mk3 or mk3.5 on a mk3 diesel?
fastford
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Excursion on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:47 pm

fastford :i was told that the arms were different and when you buy them they are listed for different models as different parts but i think the main difference may be to do with power steering. is there any advantages to running either mk3 hubs or 3.5 hubs? ive got a few mk3s but im rebuilding an si? i have xr2i lowering springs and shocks wanted to use them with si and i have loads of mk3 drive shafts. And only 1 good mk3.5 hub so will possibly need to change lower arms to run mk3 hubs????? im confused as fcuk as to what to do now

Stick to Mk3.5, you'll want the PAS specific arms if it's an Si and they only come in Mk3.5 fitment. It's sods law I just threw away a set of modified Mk3 hubs that were milled to accept Mk3.5 lower arms!
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Postby adz on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:55 pm

so if i want to fit the pas system from my si onto my mk3, am i going to end up needing mk3.5 front suspension?
adz
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fastford on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:01 am

sounds like it buddy! :(
fastford
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.