Fiesta RS Gone Wrong

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Fiesta RS Gone Wrong

Postby mattyrs06 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:07 pm

Alright everyone im quite new to this game and just wanted some advice if any of you out there can help. Basically iv blown the bottom end on my fiesta rs (not happy) the bloke who sold it to me must have thrashed the funlumps off it! Apparently its got a hybrid turbo on it instead of a standard T2, and that nothing else has been modified except the usual dump valve, exhaust system and air filter. would it of needed any further modifications.
The other thing i wanted to ask is the body work is pretty shabby so i was thinking bout dropping the lump on top of a fiesta si bottom end, i fancy doing something different but i dont know if it can be done and what i would need to change ie. would i have to change the loom etc. im in afghanistan at the mo so i have these wild thoughts flying through my mind cos im bored but dont know if it would work or not. Any replies will be greatly appriciated. Thanks for your time
Matty H
mattyrs06
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby martyc on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:31 pm

basically it would depend on what the boost pressure was as this is the main killer of bottom ends, that and poor fuelling (which would be caused by running higher boost than the engine is set up to run), the best idea is to give us more of an idea of what sort of power output you are looking for and usuage (road, daily driver, track etc) and then we will be able to advise further from there but to be honest it all depends on what you want, how much you want to spend, and what you are going to do yourself and what you are going to pay someone to do for you
martyc
Poster
Poster

Postby j7aoc on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:40 pm

You can't use a N/A bottom end into a turbo engine best off looking for frst botton end
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby mattyrs06 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:37 pm

to be honest i couldnt tell you what boost it was running at it hasnt got any gauges as far as i was concerned the car was bog standard apart from the usuals. how can i find out the boost it was running at?
mattyrs06
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby j7aoc on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:06 pm

mattyrs06 :to be honest i couldnt tell you what boost it was running at it hasnt got any gauges as far as i was concerned the car was bog standard apart from the usuals. how can i find out the boost it was running at?
:-? need to buy a boost gauge
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Oranoco on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:15 pm

In what way have you blown it?

Any idea what has let go?

Depending on what's died and the extent of the damage you can probably have your existing bottom end overhauled. This'll save a ballache with the DVLA having to register the new engine number.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mattyrs06 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:42 pm

im not sure exactly what has blown it sounds like a huge piece of metal is being thrown round the engine :-?
im in afghanistan at the moment so i cant even rip it apart to find out
mattyrs06
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.