[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16 : Member's Gallery - Page 39 | Fiesta Forums

fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild, update 20/12/08

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:54 pm

right, second time lucky, fcuking computer

right, after getting 2 call outs this morning i finaly got over to get the rs out about 12.30, sounds easy...?
no, the xr2 was in the way, the grass is muddy as fcuk and i had the xr2, the rs and my van to shift about on the mud :rolleyes:

popped a battery on the xr2, and turned it over, 5-10 seconds later she was alive, couple revs and i left it ticking over, the auto choke is long gone and the manual choke wasnt used, now thats ford reliablity, more so as the xr2 hasnt been started in 4 months :Q

anyways got that out the way after laying stuff down to help get some grip, shifted the van and then it was the RS's turn, got her off the stands then reveresed her out.
to say she was sliding a bit as i reversed it back to the hard standing is a bit of a under statment :lol:

oh, and those of you (if you still following) that said ages ago i should of painted the under side etc etc, your see why i didnt bother in the pic's :lol: :lol:

i drove the car a mile up the road to my parents place and left it there, it drove like the tyres were flat and the road was jelly :lol: :lol:
i know the tracking is a bit out, and it didnt help that i fitted the FRST ball joints so the wheels are proper towing out, i just forgot to rough track it after i fitted them :rolleyes:
ah well, i do that tomorrow and bring her home and then i can start using the garage ive been paying for since 8th sep :lol:

will see about tuesday off or half day and i'll get it down ATS for the tracking (as there the closest!) then i can have a drive :Q

dunno whats going on my my phone, pic's are dog $hit, and for some reason paint wont let me edit the pics from my phone, so its print screen, paste etc, fcuking pc

sorry these pic's are smaller, fcuking paint!

and what should of taken her place......

jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby stembo21 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:04 pm

at least it is out know lol
stembo21
Poster
Poster

Postby HCS PIMP on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:08 pm

halle fookin looo yaarrrr jay's fiesta finally back on the road and almost ready to be driven im a very happy to finally see it back as it should be on the road not in a shed isnt a noble lol
2.1 Went BANGGGGG now a Ghia 1800
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:29 pm

:lol: :lol: its been on the road already, its been to ford fair.
it was on the road first week in august for a week, then off again, insurance due in mid jan , tax runs out end of jan, :lol: :lol: :lol: ah well
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:43 pm

well what can i say, shes home again, tucked up nice in the garage.
nightmare day though, got to parents place had cup of tea, just about to bung working gear on, fcuking call out!, 2 hours later im back, done one side, 5 secs after wheels on the floor, another call out, then another one! :x

worst bit was there wasnt much to do, had about a hour of good light left but had to leave, gets 5 mins up road, 1 call out is aborted, thats ok as it was second one anyway, carrys on to first one, gets half way there gets phone call, the call out is aborted :x , about turned and went back, thanks, that was a hour of driving for nothing! and now the light is near as damn it gone! :x :x :x :x

no matter, lead lamp and a hour later, oh and a cup of tea :lol: she was test driven, tracking needs setting but it drives alot better now.

problems found and sorted

the rubber donuts that sit in the front strut turrets, that are brand new i must add, were crap, they are gen ford ones, but the shocks didnt seem to tighten into them right for some reason so they were changed for used ones which fitted alot better, so i can only assume ford gave me the wrong ones :-?

tightens the spring cup nut (under the strut tops), not much, 1/4 turn if that

found a nut on a drop link as half stripped its thread, not sure how this happened as the drop link thread was ok so fitted a new nut thats sorted.

re alined the arm carriers

changed bottom arms back to what i normal use

didnt bother rough tracking it, it wasnt fairly good on the test drive, well untill the turbo kicked in a bit, man i miss that :lol:

anyhow, i only listed what ive done/found incase anyone that reads this has problems with the front of theres, it gives them something to work on dont it.

tracking tuesday hopefully, then i can drive it christmas eve/day
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BigUKG on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:29 pm

heres hoping you get it sorted for a drive on christmas eve mate!
sounds like a sh!t on them call outs!

my step dads says "so I goes to the job" or "I gets there and no-ones home" .... country folk :lol:
Simples!
BigUKG
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 2000 Volkswagen Bora

Postby jayrs on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:35 am

:lol: :lol:

na its not too bad tbh, i was told about standby when i went for the job, although i was told it wouldnt effect me for about a year, well it didnt effect me for about 6 weeks, then i was asked about going on call :lol: :lol: i dont mind as its part of the job, but it so fcuking annoying when ive had little to no call outs when ive had nothing to do, yet this weekend ive had about 6 and im trying to get on with something, and my parents place has been nearly the futhest away from some of them as you can get :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BigUKG on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 am

jayrs ::lol: :lol:

na its not too bad tbh, i was told about standby when i went for the job, although i was told it wouldnt effect me for about a year, well it didnt effect me for about 6 weeks, then i was asked about going on call :lol: :lol: i dont mind as its part of the job, but it so fcuking annoying when ive had little to no call outs when ive had nothing to do, yet this weekend ive had about 6 and im trying to get on with something, and my parents place has been nearly the futhest away from some of them as you can get :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol I know what you mean mate. My step dad works for RAC Windscreens, we live in Maidstone, he has to go about 30mins to tonbridge to the workshop, then right out to the coast working in Hastings (Sussex) most of the time which takes the p!ss. Same with every maintenance type firm though I guess!! Know a few people who do air conditioning, half of there calls are London. My brother worked for 3 of the top security companies doing CCTV, access control and all that and he got called out to London most of the time. The bit that took the p!ss was none of them paid for travelling, so he'd drive 2hrs to london and back, and only be there half an hour changing a battery or sensor, so 30mins pay for 2hrs30mins of his time. Fckers.

He did get through 3 new Astra 1.7 TD vans in 3 months though :lol: Was with him on the way back to Maidstone one morning when one of the turbos blew :rolleyes: :lol: Mainly due to 80mph before 5th gear one the way to Ashford!!
Simples!
BigUKG
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:08 am

BigUKG :

lol I know what you mean mate. My step dad works for RAC Windscreens, we live in Maidstone, he has to go about 30mins to tonbridge to the workshop, then right out to the coast working in Hastings (Sussex) most of the time which takes the p!ss. Same with every maintenance type firm though I guess!! Know a few people who do air conditioning, half of there calls are London. My brother worked for 3 of the top security companies doing CCTV, access control and all that and he got called out to London most of the time. The bit that took the p!ss was none of them paid for travelling, so he'd drive 2hrs to london and back, and only be there half an hour changing a battery or sensor, so 30mins pay for 2hrs30mins of his time. Fckers.

He did get through 3 new Astra 1.7 TD vans in 3 months though :lol: Was with him on the way back to Maidstone one morning when one of the turbos blew :rolleyes: :lol: Mainly due to 80mph before 5th gear one the way to Ashford!!

yeah it can be a nightmare, i guess im lucky being on the isle of wight, its not too bad as nothing is really that far away :lol:
plus all our travel is paid, we get paid home to home on normal work days, as well as call outs, plus sunday is double bubble :Q
sooner of been left alone to do my car though :lol:

one engineer was telling me about a night he was on call, he lives in bognor and got called out to bournemouth, hour and half travel there, done job, hour and half back (this was early hours of morning too btw)
he was reversing back up his drive way after the above call, and another came in before he even finished reversing, in bournemouth :lol: :lol: :lol: had to go back there, different job like, but same area :lol: :lol: :lol:
poor c*nt, but i have to say company is fair, if you on call in the week, you only get like £10 or £15 for being on standby, then of course hourly rate per hour your out on a call inc travel, but if you get called out between mid night and 6am, not only do you get paid for the time you were out, you get down time in the morning, so if you out from midnight to 4am, you get 4 hours pay, and 4 hours off work in the morning, so its not all bad
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Turboboy67 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:30 am

Good to read you've finally moved it then fella :)

Now get all that s**t cleaned off the underside man :rolleyes:

Lovin the colour of your van btw :P

:D
Turboboy67
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: 911GT3 RS

Postby jayrs on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:32 am

ah most of that, well 90% of it came off when i test drove it :lol:

as for the van, its not my choice, and it is french after all, but it is dirty, and if i had my way i would let it keep getting dirty to cover as much of it as poss! :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby HCS PIMP on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:30 pm

lol french cars i dont miss killing them at th scrap yard was the only good bit especially when i bent a door it 2 on a 106 lol or the 306 dash i massicered with a 40 ounch hammmer heheheh

lol at least ur not turnng into blade i think hes never gonna sell that 306 hes even fitting a gti6 engine lol

you [ERRR] steam the underside with some caustic soda that would clean it up
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BigUKG on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:20 pm

jayrs :
BigUKG :

yeah it can be a nightmare, i guess im lucky being on the isle of wight, its not too bad as nothing is really that far away :lol:
plus all our travel is paid, we get paid home to home on normal work days, as well as call outs, plus sunday is double bubble :Q
sooner of been left alone to do my car though :lol:

one engineer was telling me about a night he was on call, he lives in bognor and got called out to bournemouth, hour and half travel there, done job, hour and half back (this was early hours of morning too btw)
he was reversing back up his drive way after the above call, and another came in before he even finished reversing, in bournemouth :lol: :lol: :lol: had to go back there, different job like, but same area :lol: :lol: :lol:
poor c*nt, but i have to say company is fair, if you on call in the week, you only get like £10 or £15 for being on standby, then of course hourly rate per hour your out on a call inc travel, but if you get called out between mid night and 6am, not only do you get paid for the time you were out, you get down time in the morning, so if you out from midnight to 4am, you get 4 hours pay, and 4 hours off work in the morning, so its not all bad

Sounds like your lucky with that mate, they've got it pretty sorted by the sounds of it. Call outs from Thanet to London at silly o clock being paid half an hours work just to change a battery is a p!ss take :lol:
Simples!
BigUKG
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:38 pm

na tbh i might get the power washer under there just to blast the crap away but i have no intention of cleaning the underside up, its a car for driving, and with all the fields on the isle of wight, trying to keep the under side clean just wont happen due to the mud that gets on the roads from tactors and more so when it rains

yeah the compnay is fair i will say that mate, they charge for the travel so the compnay isnt loosing any money, there prob making double per mile :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rob pace on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:52 pm

jayrs :na tbh i might get the power washer under there just to blast the crap away but i have no intention of cleaning the underside up, its a car for driving, and with all the fields on the isle of wight, trying to keep the under side clean just wont happen due to the mud that gets on the roads from tactors and more so when it rains

yeah the compnay is fair i will say that mate, they charge for the travel so the compnay isnt loosing any money, there prob making double per mile :lol:

hows the turbo running? :Q
rob pace
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 pm

alright rob.
so far its been driven 9 miles at 30mph back to mine, and i was following, although it was dark i have seen no smoke and it doesnt smoke on idle so its got to be alright, and, i did check under the car before moving it and i cant see any oil leaks as yet from the turbo, but i only had the light from my phone (the flash).

not that it matters, but i gotta ask, did you strip the whole exhaust housing off to clean it at all?
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rob pace on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:30 pm

jayrs :alright rob.
so far its been driven 9 miles at 30mph back to mine, and i was following, although it was dark i have seen no smoke and it doesnt smoke on idle so its got to be alright, and, i did check under the car before moving it and i cant see any oil leaks as yet from the turbo, but i only had the light from my phone (the flash).

not that it matters, but i gotta ask, did you strip the whole exhaust housing off to clean it at all?

hi mate, i didnt touch anything, i just took the turbo off as it was and sent it to you mate :)

oil leaks :lol: :lol: it only seeped a minute amount of oil mate, lol, but it could of been down to heavy breathing, i put a new genunie ford breather on the car the other day which may of helped. :)
rob pace
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rob pace on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 pm

oh yeah i forgot, i did loosen the 4 x bolts slightly on the housing for better access as i used a 15mm oil feed bolt and not a 13mm standard ford item, i cant remember if i tightened them up? would of been obvious when you got it if i hadnt :)
rob pace
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jimmyesh on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Nice one Jay, here's hoping you get out in it on Christmas Eve. :) Those call-outs would do my head in! :aaah:
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby jayrs on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:59 pm

jimmyesh :Nice one Jay, here's hoping you get out in it on Christmas Eve. :) Those call-outs would do my head in! :aaah:

so do i, the chance of getting a early day tuesday ended this morning when i was told what jobs we had for the next 2 days :lol: so tracking may have to wait.
im not gunna moan, i really enjoy my job, and not blowing my own horn, being out of work for as long as i was prior to this one, and with whats going on with the crunch etc at the mo im greatful to have this job, and the standby/call outs are part of it, even if i have been dropped in the deep end so to speak :lol:
mind you, come summer time when all the A/C and fridges and freezers are working over time thats when the job will be real demanding and the call outs get worse! to the point you get given jobs that are still out standing from the day you must do after 5.30pm, as well, as do any call outs you may get :aaah: :aaah:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby HCS PIMP on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:51 pm

jay if i were u id learn how to rebuild turbos as it would help ya lol

plus like how i had ya back again grandman the big arse
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 am

:lol: , yeah cheers mate.

i have rebuilt turbos before, but tbh i give up on the T2's now, the shaft wears too much
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby HCS PIMP on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:11 am

then build a t25 hybrid
HCS PIMP
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:03 am

HCS PIMP :then build a t25 hybrid

he will, when i get my finger out and get the turbo sent off to him :oooh:
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 am

Ruishy1 :
HCS PIMP :then build a t25 hybrid

he will, when i get my finger out and get the turbo sent off to him :oooh:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah :lol: :lol:

you know i kept thinking to my self, im sure im expecting a parcle but couldnt think what it was :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:27 pm

:lol:
ive just been that busy, got into a bit of an argument at my last contract and got the bullet, so been sorting out another one for after new year, and with crimbo, sorting the zed etc, it went clean out my head :lol:

Il get it asap mate :D
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BigUKG on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Ruishy1 ::lol:
ive just been that busy, got into a bit of an argument at my last contract and got the bullet, so been sorting out another one for after new year, and with crimbo, sorting the zed etc, it went clean out my head :lol:

Il get it asap mate :D

Be honest, you were distracted trying to work out what to get your bird werent you :lol: :lol:
Simples!
BigUKG
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:57 pm

:lol: :lol:

sorry rob only just seen your reply.

yeah the bolts were loose, thats why i asked if you had stripped it :lol: , as said didnt matter to me, i had to spin it a tad to fit the oil feed pipe then spin it back a bit :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild, back on the road, again :lol:

Postby jayrs on Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:58 pm

took the rs out today, gave her a long drive.

i now remember why i fcuking love this car :devil: :devil:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby XRMike on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:53 pm

jayrs :took the rs out today, gave her a long drive.

i now remember why i fcuking love this car :devil: :devil:

I get that feeling when I drive mine :devil: :D
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:13 pm

mines miles away :( will be getting her out soon tho :) but you have had a longer wait to be fair mate!! :bonkers:
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:22 pm

i may not drink tomorrow and take the rs out again :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:38 pm

jayrs :i may not drink tomorrow and take the rs out again :)

if you do mate give us a bell... :)
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby jayrs on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:25 pm

well im on call sunday, so i might well be drinking mate, after on im on the beer now and dont plan on stopping for a while so taking the rs out mid morning wont be good, more so with the bitterness of the weather out there, i dont want a skid pan :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Good to see you'v got her on the road again mate. Keep up the good work.

Ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: E46 M3

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.