[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16 : Member's Gallery - Page 50 | Fiesta Forums

fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: fiesta rs turbo, cam sent back 20/1

Postby - Danny Boy - on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:49 am

jayrs ::lol: :lol:

a used cam is not even going to be considered tbh mate.
there are pattern cams but as i think i said on here or to someone else, if i could get a QH cam, thats the only pattern one i would consider, but i belive they dont make them, so it will have to be one of the known brands of uprated cams

Totally agree on the QH thing, their stuff is OEM quality and I normally use it whenever I can if not gen ford parts
- Danny Boy -
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Fiesta Si 2.0

Postby jayrs on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 am

jonyb4 :jay, i could learn alot from a wise man such as yourself, full of good one liners :Q

dont be fooled mate, its the age, i have more miles on the clock, when you get to this stage, your be a master also :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Danny Boy - :
jayrs ::lol: :lol:

a used cam is not even going to be considered tbh mate.
there are pattern cams but as i think i said on here or to someone else, if i could get a QH cam, thats the only pattern one i would consider, but i belive they dont make them, so it will have to be one of the known brands of uprated cams

Totally agree on the QH thing, their stuff is OEM quality and I normally use it whenever I can if not gen ford parts

its goot stuff aint it, well made, i know some people have had problems but its bound to happen with all the parts they make.
i like tthem cos there stuff is very good, well made and in most cases , priced well too
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Russ FRST on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:13 pm

niracka :I take it you can't get an origional one from ford anymore then

Try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-rs-turbo-cam ... arParts_SM

Hum wouldn't of thought this cam would be correct for the RS Turbo and Xr3i cvh as there suggesting :o both engine's would be different profiles :-? wouldn't they :-?
1600cc T2= 220bhp 222 lbs/ft
Russ FRST
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jayrs on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Russ FRST :
niracka :I take it you can't get an origional one from ford anymore then

Try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-rs-turbo-cam ... arParts_SM

Hum wouldn't of thought this cam would be correct for the RS Turbo and Xr3i cvh as there suggesting :o both engine's would be different profiles :-? wouldn't they :-?

unsure tbh, ive heard there the same in the past, but never checked, but think they are different
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:28 pm

all the same :) ford being tight :lol:
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby jayrs on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 pm

be about right :lol:

well im not touching the pattern one on ebay anyway, will try get a decent branded one.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 pm

jayrs :be about right :lol:

well im not touching the pattern one on ebay anyway, will try get a decent branded one.

i think the best pattern one ive come across is BGA (british gasket association)
friend of mine bought a complete kit from local car spares and never had any issues with that.

The tappets i purchased which were BGA brand only failed because i had the wrong springs fitted to the head. :)
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Postby jayrs on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

knuckles :
jayrs :be about right :lol:

i think the best pattern one ive come across is BGA (british gasket association)
friend of mine bought a complete kit from local car spares and never had any issues with that.

The tappets i purchased which were BGA brand only failed because i had the wrong springs fitted to the head. :)

i wouldnt want one of them mate, as i said before if for any reason i do get a pattern one i want one from a place i know and trust, like QH, ive never had a issue with there stuff so would try a QH cam, but i dont know of they do them, ive had a quick look online and found nothing
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jonyb4 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:19 pm

QH tend to do servicable items, doutb they would make a cam :(
1800 Zetec 133bhp 140lbs/ft
mk2 pop 1.4i
jonyb4
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Si 1.8, mk2 950, 2.0 capri

Car: 1995 Ford Fiesta Si 16v

Postby jayrs on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:48 pm

yeah i know mate

ah well, we're see what happens
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby - Danny Boy - on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:31 am

Best get your arse on google Jay, see what cams you can track down! :)
- Danny Boy -
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 pm

ive already had a quick look, but you get a lot of crap when searching like that, as most is picked up from questions and forums.

i will email piper and newman later/tomorrow to find out about standard spec cams, as for QH ive never seen a QH cam so they must not do them.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Excursion on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:50 pm

From what I can remember, the 1.4CVH cam is an upgrade for a 1.6 Turbo car...It's been a few years though so it would be worth investigating.
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Postby jayrs on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 pm

woulodnt surprise me, mate had a mk2 1.4s, and there wasnt much between that and a xr2 back in the day.
will have a look and see what the differences on the profiles are
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fiesta rs turbo, kent cams response 27/1

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:57 pm

well after contacting kent today as i hadnt heard from them the end result is as expected, they dont wanna know.

im not going going to do into detail about the emails but kent was clearly getting wound up, as was i, it seems wires were crossed along the lines, but bottom line, in kents eyes, although the cam has worn down to the point a poll dancer could slide down it, they say the hardness and tolerances are fine, and yep, first point of blame was the oil not luburicating the engine, others potental faults came shortly after, but they mean nothing if all you do is inspect a camshaft, not the rest of the engine, although they offered to inspect the head, which i declined as im not paying £120 for new gasket and bolts plus the postage just to be fobbed off anymore.

but fact is, kent wont repace it, not that i expected that, but i assumed they might as they still wanted to inspect after 5 years, they say assumption is the mother of all fcuk ups, and they were right, as it looks like kent assumed i wanted to know what in my engine cause the cam to wear, when in fact i know that anyway, i.e the cam was dog $hit, but the bucks been passed, so thank you kent cams, fcuk you kent cams, and anyone thinking of buying a kent cam, DONT, more so if its on ebay, referance to it being a "ebay purchase" just made things harder, so dont waste ya time.

lets see if they wanna try and charge me to send the kit back :rolleyes:

so, as i wrote that came off anyway, and knew kent wouldnt repalce it, even if there was hope, i will be searching for a new camshaft kit, so, if anyone else wants to add anything about piper, or newman please fell free.

and although i have said i wont fit a pattern one, i may have to retract on this, so expeierances with pattern ones also welcome now
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jonyb4 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Sorry to hear that mate,, not even a chance of a refund?
Tossers
1800 Zetec 133bhp 140lbs/ft
mk2 pop 1.4i
jonyb4
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Si 1.8, mk2 950, 2.0 capri

Car: 1995 Ford Fiesta Si 16v

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:52 pm

na mate, cam is in there eyes 5 years old, even though the milage is way below what you would expect in 6 months, but still, a warranty is time, not milage, or for example, 2 years or 10k mioles what ever comes first, but with kent, its just 12 months warranty from the date you buy it.
which is why i assumed there was some hope of a replacement from the offer to inspect it as i thought they wanted it to look at for there own reasons, where as he thought i wanted it inspected to find out what caused it to wear......, stupid really, how can you state what the cause , or potental cause is from looking at just the camshaft, i can say what could cause a cam to shaft without even looking at anything, but unless i inspected everything i.e the whole engine, it could be anything, so inspecting the camshaft only serves no purpose other than to say, no, our cam is fine, even though its worn to fcuk in a short space of time, i mean, would you send your whole engine to turbo technics if the turbo went, or the whole car to ford if a ball joint wore out after a week :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 pm

i had a feeling kent cam would feed you aload of s**t :rolleyes:

ive had my fair share of s**t from kent cams, put one in my rs and it ran like dog-s**t. I still think you should just take a look at a BGA camshaft kit jay, Go down your car spares and see if they got one in to have a look at. If i ever need another cvh cam kit in the future i will go for one of them. Would even consider a piper over a kent :)
ImageImage
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 pm

thing is you hear good and bad about anything, altough at the time i got it, i wasn't hearing much bad, but now, well everyone has had or knows someone that has bad a bad cam from kent at some point :lol:

i'll see how the funds go, i have now changed my mind about pattern ones due to the cost its going to cost me, but if i can get a better one then i will do.

i have emailed both newman and piper today to see what cams they offer close to std spec or if they would make one to standard spec, i would sooner get a better known branded kit than a pattern one.
im gutted i missed out on that ford one you had mate

although thinking about it, i do have a rs in the workshop with spanking cam and tappets which are ford items :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 pm

unlucky mate but didnt think they would help you out..the cvh 35 i put in a mates car lasted 30 miles...fitted another and its still going strong so there was nothing wrong with the engine or lubrication :rolleyes: they didnt want to know at all.. i had a piper one wear itself out as well so i personally wouldnt use another...
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 pm

yeah i remember you saying, and clark basicly had the same thing, kent wore out, ford one still fine.
and i started clarks car for the first time in about what, 4 months or something other day when i moved it in the workshop, no tappet rattle or anything even from the second it started, so yeah, i know kent are blagging, but what can i do, if it was within the 12 months, i would get trading standards on the case, but 5 years on, all i can do is ask for it back so i can use it for refinforcement in the concrete my dads got to lay

on second thought, it might cause the concrete to break due to not being laid right, not enough water, too much cement, or the ground was soft, the cam would not be to blame! :lol: :lol: :lol:

another for piper, i did hear some bad things about them years back, hence why i went for kent.
but you see more modded cars for sale with piper cams than kent though, maybe they not as bad as kent :lol:, maybe they made by kent, there only 4 miles from kent cams :oooh: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby hb69 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Fuming about the cam, ive heard Newmans are pretty good.

Kent cams is only down the road from me, least i think its Kent, dont think its Piper :-?
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 pm

hb69 :Fuming about the cam, ive heard Newmans are pretty good.

Kent cams is only down the road from me, least i think its Kent, dont think its Piper :-?

yeah it wound me up a bit, and coupled with the fact i had 1 fag left this morning and couldnt get out to get anymore untill about 6pm, made it a little hard not to blow my top on a returning email!, but i got soem fags nowe some im chilled again

whoooo saaaaaa whooooo saaaa :Q

if for some reason they refuse to send it back unless i pay or something, would you be willing to stop in and grab it for me at all mate? when ya passing that way, no matter if not.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby hb69 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 pm

jayrs :
hb69 :Fuming about the cam, ive heard Newmans are pretty good.

yeah it wound me up a bit, and coupled with the fact i had 1 fag left this morning and couldnt get out to get anymore untill about 6pm, made it a little hard not to blow my top on a returning email!, but i got soem fags nowe some im chilled again

whoooo saaaaaa whooooo saaaa :Q

if for some reason they refuse to send it back unless i pay or something, would you be willing to stop in and grab it for me at all mate? when ya passing that way, no matter if not.

Yeah course, just let me know :)
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby - Danny Boy - on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Bit of a shame aint it :( Well, you was expecting it, so at least its not all bad news. Seems they have been a bit of a c*nt through the emails though... Go slap 'em! lol
- Danny Boy -
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

hb69 :Yeah course, just let me know :)

nice one mate :)

- Danny Boy - :Bit of a shame aint it :( Well, you was expecting it, so at least its not all bad news. Seems they have been a bit of a c*nt through the emails though... Go slap 'em! lol

to start with it was all fine, but after the blaming of the engine and parts it stared to wind me up and i stated clearly the engine was fine apart from the camshaft, it got a bit sarcastic and moody from then on with the replys, i would say it was far from professional, when all they had to say was sorry, there is nothing we can do, rather than, if you got a sony tv 5 years ago and it went wrong and blah blah blah :rolleyes:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:47 pm

jayrs :im gutted i missed out on that ford one you had mate

although thinking about it, i do have a rs in the workshop with spanking cam and tappets which are ford items :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that ford cam sat in adams garage for over a year as he didnt use it on the black rs he had, should of snapped it up for what he paid for it which was £119 at the time. :cry:
ImageImage
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 pm

i was gunna, then you snapped it up :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mikeymikeyp on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:16 pm

i hear newman are the better side of the market but they need a full kit , im sure they would make one with the profile ur after oh ps if i bought a sony tv 5 years ago it would sti5l work lol
mikeymikeyp
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:34 pm

:lol: the email was more along the lines of, if i left it in the box for 5 years then it didnt work but still

there were a few emails passed between me and kent again this morning, again i wont go into details, but the fact still remains, they are not going to replace the cam free (which is fair enough after so long) , but i have been offered a kit at cost price as a good will gesture, so i havent been fcuked off completely, so the customer service isnt as bad as it first seemed, more so as i really should of gone back to the seller i got it from.

and talking of the seller, and reading up on my rights under the sales of goods act, i can contact the seller upto 6 years after i bought it, by no means does the seller have to give a full refund but i can request a part refund, so i got some details from trading standards this moring about what should and shouldnt be in the letter, so i will write to the seller next week and see if i can get a part refund or something, will prob be told to jog on which means i would have to go back to trading standards for further advice (they said i might have to anyway) so we're see how far i get with that :lol:

oh, and when i say seller in the above, its a ebay shop/business i got the camshaft from not a private sale
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby - Danny Boy - on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 pm

You should get some money back then if its a shop/business then Jay, can put it towards a cost price kent cam kit, then flog that on. Profit :) lol
- Danny Boy -
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 pm

f**k selling you anything jay :o :lol: :P
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your alright jon, it only covers business not private sellers :lol:

it helps to know your rights when it comes to these things
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:22 am

FRSJON :f**k selling you anything jay :o :lol: :P

:lol:
ImageImage
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.